background

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Cat calls on the side of the highway?

I'm way exhausted and my finger is still a bit cramped so I'm going to write about my day...in a nutshell:

Didn't sleep much because of being anxious about the doctors visit among other things also.
Left in more than enough time to get there early.
Arrive an hour late.
Darn iPhone leading me wrong.
Darn iPhone battery is almost dead because of the extra hour of usage trying to figure out where I was.
Doctors appointment was short and sweet.
I'll update more on that tomorrow.
Darn car "check battery" light comes on.
Then the "airbag" one does too.
I freak out and pull off the highway and move my chair back and ride ghetto style, just incase it does go off!
Car dies in the middle of s busy intersection.
I get out bc I don't want to be in there if someone hits my car bc they weren't paying attention.
Good thing.
2 minutes later a car swerves and almost hits the car.
Tell myself to, "breathe" and "not cry."
Call my preggo SIL to save me bc she is closest.
20 minutes, another car swerve, and 5 cat calls later she arrives.
One older man tried to help but didn't have jumper cables. He's way cooler than the trash whistling at me...really, is that how they pick up ladies?!
While waiting with my SIL for my husband to be my knight in shining armor, a cop pulls over a car for speeding...right next to us.
He didn't get a ticket because the officer decides to help us.
BIG smile from that guy!
Hey, I do what I can to help out! ;)
Cop helps jump the car and push it to a safe location.
Said goodbye to the nice cop shortly before my dh arrives with new battery.
And I must say, I do love him so! Even more than yesterday. I had always wanted a husband who could take care of me like that!
My hero!
A little into the changing the battery my brother arrives since he's off work.
Two awesome men fixing my car as my SIL and I chat that her liitle bump is cute and how crazy that the baby is 4 inches!
Impromptu double date at Chili.s to finish off the crazy day.
And lastly, got home...dh cracked open a cold coors light for the both of us and we discussed just how blessed we felt.

Man, What a day. I'm pooped. But...feeling extremely blessed.

Goodnight world.

"Remember, today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday."
(Dale Carnegie)

8 comments:

Leila@LittleCatholicBubble said...

Wow! That is nuts! I love the ending!!! :)

Thankful said...

Oh my goodness, what a day! Glad it all ended up well.

mrsblondies said...

Wow, lots of car drama. I'm glad you're ok and everything turned out ok.

A Martha trying to be Mary said...

Love love this story! made me smile so much! thanks for sharing!

Lauren @ Magnify the Lord with Me said...

WOAH!!!! I"m so glad you'[re okay!

(enter cat call here!)

JellyBelly said...

What an adventure!!!!

Megan said...

What a day! Glad everything turned out well! Love how you wrote this post. :)

Anonymous said...

crazy day! glad it all turned out well! :)