background

Friday, October 29, 2010

An IF girl's thoughts standing outside an abortion clinic.

Pain.
Sorrow.
Confusion.

These are just a few of the emotions that I have felt standing outside the clinic this 40 days for life.

If you don't know what 40 days for life is, it's a nationwide commitment to stand, hope and pray outside abortion clinics, 24/7, to end abortion.

Over 450 babies have been saved this 40 days.

Beautiful.

I've stood in tears, in pain because I desire so badly to conceive, to be a mom. To know that people go into that clinic to destroy that very miracle I so badly desire, hurts.

So, as this 40 days is coming to an end, I offer up my sorrow, emptiness and pain and ask God to help transform the hearts of those contemplating abortion on this very day.

"Wasn't it easier in your firefly-catchin' days?" (innocent by T.Swift)

6 comments:

Sew said...

I stood out there last campaign and held a sign that said baby on board..... :) I did not have a baby on board, people asked me when I was due, I said just trying to catch a baby. :)

It's painful, but it really is invigorating in an odd sense...

Megan said...

Thank you for standing up for life!

JellyBelly said...

I will never understand how a woman could make the choice to have an abortion.

How wonderful that so many were spared!

Brit said...

Sounds like it was a truly amazing 40 days for life, and how incredible to know that all those little ones will have a fighting chance now. God bless you and all those that stood up for life these 40 days!

Leila@LittleCatholicBubble said...

I can't even emotionally go there to the clinics (as many of my friends do), so I can only imagine how you can even stand there. You are a hero!!!

Anonymous said...

I love this post – totally kewl!!! Well done! I’m coming back to this one …