background

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Less than a month.

Happy 2013.

I cannot believe that a new year has started!

It's unbelievable how fast time goes.

Ringing in this new year was quite different from the rest of my NYE celebrations: 1) I was sipping bubbly apple cider, not champagne and 2) my prayers/pleads/hopes of please Lord help us grow our family this year were replaced with tears of utter joy that in a month we would be meeting this little one we had prayed so hard for and missed so very badly over our 5 year marriage.

It's crazy to look back at this time last year and see just how broken I was.  Broken, but still hopeful and trusting in His will.   And little did my broken little self know, but in a few short months after ringing in 2012, our lives would forever change.

That's the thing, it only takes a moment. 

A day.

You can struggle for months and years and then bam....

You get a call of a potential adoption.

Or you see a BFP.

So, this start of this new year, I pray for each and every one of you still waiting.  Still wondering how and when your families will grow.  I pray that you realize that all it takes it that moment for your worlds to be forever rocked and I pray that in the mean time you have strength and courage during the wait.  

"One joy scatters a hundred griefs."


 

8 comments:

All in His Perfect Timing said...

You nailed it ... how things can quickly change. I join with you in prayer for those who wait. And I can't believe you have a month left!! I'm excited to meet baby FMTP!!!

Unknown said...

My NYE was very different as well, in bed by 9 but I wouldn't have had it any other way. I can't wait for your little girl to make her appearance!

Kat said...

Wow, the time has gone by so fast! Praying for you as you and your DH will hold your little girl soon! Thank you for praying for us who are still waiting it really means a lot.

Catholic Mutt said...

Less than a month already? Yay!

Rebecca said...

So excited to meet your sweet girl! It is crazy how quickly things can change, isn't it?

I have loved your joy throughout this pregnancy, you confirm with each post that motherhood really is as great as we all dream about. I am so grateful to you for sharing your joy, it has helped to keep me hopeful.

DM + AM said...

I agree!

Faith makes things possible said...

This means so much to me!!! Thank y'all! It really means so much to hear that I'm still helping people stay hopeful. Y'all are always close in my prayers!

Faith makes things possible said...

CM-I know!!! It's crazy!!! And although I mentioned my prayers for those waiting for those families to grow-you are always in my prayers also. I think I've mentioned it before, but one of closest friends whom I've been friends with since 2nd grade!!!!! is waiting and hoping to meet her future spouse-so when we're talking about the waiting and she tells me of the pain, I often think of you and offer up extra prayers!