background

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Mon and Tue in pictures and apparently numbers also

I'm into posting pics lately...maybe because I'm not posting on FB so I feel the need to post here!

Anyways, yesterday was Monday (obviously) and Mondays are never that great, but I tried. Here's the top 4 things that made my Monday brighter...

1) Nannying for this little smiley three month old:


2) Thai tea boba tea! When I remembered I was going to take the picture I had already finished it...trust me, it was yummy!!:


3) Spring Rolls for lunch from a yummy Pho place:


4) And lastly, wearing a pink flower and teal earrings...love the color combo! When my Gm saw me last night she asked, "Oh! A pretty flower!! What are you celebrating?!" I told her, "The fact that it's Monday and I don't even mind!


So that was Monday! And surprisingly, I had a wonderful day, even though I was going on like 3 hours of sleep!

And for today...well Cd1 hit (or is about to, started spotting and cramping today), reeeeeaaaaallly late for me (36 days!!), and this cycle consisted of (get ready for more numbers!):

1) weeks 1-3 me being rather down. Funk with a capital F every day. Foggy mind, weight on the chest, anger, sadness and bitterness kinda Funk. Prayer didn't seem to help and I just felt miserable.

2) Not seeing one.single.thing whilst wiping (oh, blogging...how I share too much!) around my normal "alleged" ovulation time.

3) No sore boo.bs at all.

4) Super sensitive and emotional-even more than my normal self...which is a lot!

Anyways, I'm guessing since I was so down at the beginning of the cycle-and only as of last week start feeling better-I'm not feeling out of sorts with this (almost) Cd1 because I'm just so beyond grateful that I'm feeling better again.

God is good that way. I would probably lose it if I was still in my Funk AND hormonal and crampy at the same time.

Which brings me to yet another number list for today. I call this my, "feel sorry for me but then not really because it works out in the end" list:

1) I lost $20 at the grocery store getting ingredients for dinner [sliders, shown below!].


2) On the way home someone cut me off and I started to cry, thinking, "why are people so mean?!" Hello PMS!!

3) Got home and realized I forgot the main ingredient, the meat. So I had to drive all the way back to the store!

But, God was looking out for this crazy girl because when I got there I found out someone turned in my $20! So if I hadn't forgotten the meat I wouldn't have known that my money was turned in!

See, God is good! And I'll try my best to celebrate these little things!!

And for my last list, two things I'm grateful for:

1) My husband who is going to that ice cream shop I talked about in my last post right now to get us dessert because he's awesome and knows I only ever crave desserts when I'm around/on my period.

2) This was the beautiful view God had for me tonight after leaving the store for the second time:



See, God is good!

Don't forget to celebrate the little things!

P.s sorry this post has so much going on..I guess it's a pretty good idea of what my mind has been like these last couple days!!!

11 comments:

Sew said...

Wow! I can not believe your money was turned in!! Those sliders look awesome!!!

Love your hair and your pop of color! So fun!

So you Nanny? Do you nanny the 3 month old and the 3 year old?

imusthaveprayedforpatience said...

Ok, those spring rolls looked good, and I love me some pho! The flower in your hair is cute. :) Boooo! on that guy that cut you off and made you cry. Turd! Glad you found the $20. Yeah! And what a beautiful view on your way home! Wow, you had a busy day!

Made For Another World said...

Personally, i love rambly posts- they are real if you know what I mean. Those sliders look yummy! Love the pink flower in the red hair- how fun.

Nicole C said...

Your hair is so beautiful!!! Love the flower!

Those spring rolls look amazing. I absolutely LOVE spring rolls. I have a couple good recipes, but can't find rice paper anywhere!

JellyBelly said...

That tea and those spring rolls are making my mouth water! And how amazing that your money was turned in!

You are so right, God is good! Thanks for the reminder!

More Than Anything said...

Those sliders look yummy!!

Way to stay positive when things aren't going right. I would've stopped at a drive through on my way home when I realized I forgot something at the grocery store...and then I would've cried! I'm so glad you carried on and you got your money back!! People can be nice!

Faith makes things possible said...

Thanks for the comments-it meant y'all survived this very busy post!! ;)

Sew-yeah, I nanny for a 3 month old and a 3 year old...but on separate days/different families. Which is nice because the three year old is rather high maintenance!! The three month old? He's easy peasy! :)

Laura said...

Love your crappy-events-turned-into-blessings post! Nice reminder for all of us.

Hebrews 11:1 said...

Love the pics. You are right--celebrate the little things!!

Grace in my Heart said...

I love your photos. :) Keep 'em coming!

Ania said...

This was great and I loved the randomness. It made me smile to know that someone turned your $ in. I'm still kinda in a Funk and prayer is difficult....great timing with Prayers buddies, right? Knowing you came out of yours lets me know I'll come out of mine though, so thanks for that!