background

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Saying thank you.

This morning I woke up and made cupcakes in between feeding the baby, cleaning and getting ready for the day. Oh but don't be too impressed...I made boxed ones this time...but DO be impressed by the fact that I made the funfetti kind. So good.

Why make cupcakes on this random Tuesday you ask? To say thank you.

As you might remember, when we first found out we were pregnant last June, my old doctor was not going to provide any more progesterone support aside from one oral progesterone pill...and with a lousy level of 6, things didn't look that great. But with the encouragement of many bloggers, I followed up with PPVI and they agreed to monitor me and even over nighted injections!

One predicament that we encountered was that I needed to find a place to draw up my labs and then release it to me to send to Omaha. No place/lab was willing to do it until my MIL mentioned her good church friend's husband...who was a obgyn! And he agreed that they would draw my labs (for free!!!) and release it to me to ship! Praise The Lord!

So every other week from week 6 onwards, I woke up early on Tuesday and would drive 30 mins east to his office. Most times I would pray my rosary asking (more like begging and pleading) The Lord to help my numbers to rise properly and help my sweet little one to continue to grow. My heart was usually anxious.

And today, I got in my car and drove the same way I did all those times, except this time my heart wasn't anxious...I wasn't nervous about getting my blood drawn yet again...and I certainly wasn't begging God to help my numbers rise because I feared miscarriage or early labor.

Nope, today I had tears of joy driving to that office because of a certain someone sitting behind me.

She was here.
She was safe.

And I had no fears that my body would fail and cause her harm.

Cupcakes didn't quite seem like enough to say just how grateful I was but I think her smiles and coos made up for that...she was definitely chipper and extra social during the visit!

And after the visit, instead of the usual waiting around for my lab and then trip to the post office, I headed to my in laws because little miss was hungry. And so I fed her and snuggled with her extra!

The journey to getting to this day, this moment was sure filled with lots of tears and fears...but overall I am still in awe that I'm her mama.

"To get through the hardest journey we need take only one step at a time, but we must keep on stepping"

[Side note: I tried to upload pictures but blogger wasn't having it...quite frustrating! Anyone else have this issue?]

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

Oh - I love this!

So awesome of you - and yes, funfetti cupcakes are the best!

Unknown said...

Love this! Now I'm hungry for some cupcakes!!

Perfect Power in Weakness said...

What a thoughtful thing to do and great way to say thank you. How lovely.

Kat said...

How beautiful! Your story gives me so much hope :)

St. Rita's Roses said...

You are so gracious!!!!

All in His Perfect Timing said...

Love the new look on Blogger!
You are the sweetest! What a great way to say Thank You!!!