background

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Silent.

I leave for my silent retreat tomorrow.

The key ingredient being silent.

Silent moments to sit outside and marvel in the beauty that God has created...the sunset, the stars, the moon, the waves splashing on the lake shore.

Silent moments to ask for healing for my (somewhat, but getting better) bitter heart over fertility struggles.

Silent moments to ask for strength and courage on this oh so difficult journey because I still feel in my heart of hearts we are on the right path and will conceive one day.

Silent moments to thank God for the ample amount of blessings that He has bestowed on little ol'-emotional me (and my amazing dh).

Silent moments to focus on growth.

Silent moments to truly listen to what He has to tell me.

My soul is yearning for this retreat more and more-and I only found out I would be going two days ago!

God knows what we need before we even know...right?

Most definitely right!!

Like I commented earlier...THANK you so much for the book suggestions, I'm hoping to go tomorrow before I leave. Thank you!

I will be thinking of you girls and praying for each of y'all during my retreat.

Signing off for now! "See" y'all Sunday!

"True silence is the rest of the mind; it is to the spirit what sleep is to the body, nourishment and refreshment." (William Penn)

8 comments:

Holly Rutchik said...

Blessings on your retreat! Sounds like God truly has perfect timing. I pray you meet Him in that silent space.
Holly

JellyBelly said...

What a wonderful way to start Lent!!!!

Thank you for your prayers and I will be praying for you as well!

Sunshine said...

Will be praying for the fruits of your silence. Enjoy this special time with God.

Nicole C said...

Have a wonderful time!

Hebrews 11:1 said...

So wonderful! I hope you have an enjoyable and healing experience. Wish I could go with you!

Awaiting a Child of God:) said...

Sweet friend, I hope you are fully refreshed and that you have a wonderful weekend in silence with our Lord:)

Katie @ Persevere in Prayer said...

Prayers for your silent retreat! What a great way to start off the Lenten season!!!

Mary said...

Hope it is WONDERFUL!!! Can't wait to hear about it!