background

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

More REcreations!

Today I crafted...

Boy do I love to craft.

Crafting=little to no thinking about IF.

Here's two things I did:



I had this dollar tray that I purchased from Hobby Lobby a few weeks ago. That tray plus some paint, modge podge and fun scrapbook paper equals a fun little tray to hold remotes in the living room:






Then, I had really wanted to make this Anthropology inspired, burlap lamp shade (I got the idea here.) and finally just did it today. It took me longer than expected because I didn't cut enough strips and then would have to stop, cut and iron in the middle...needless to say, it was easy, just took a little longer than expected. Here's the step by step...
Before:





I cut the strips of burlap about 3 inches.



Ironed them in half.



Then I covered my shade with burlap before hot gluing the strips.



And then you have the after:



So yeah, good times with the crafting. My next project is to continue to look for these,



Mason jars! I saw a picture in a magazine where they strung them outside and put tea lights in them. I found these 5 for 25 cents at the thrift store so I'll be looking for more in the coming weeks. I'm glad I looked at the thrift store because I almost bought them new at Hobby Lobby for $1.99...so I definitely got a deal!

Do any of y'all have fun crafts/projects you are working on or want to work on? Let me know...I'm always looking for inspiration!

Ps, I have a follicle check tomorrow. Here's hoping I've produced (and soon release!) some good follies with the upped clomid because boy oh boy have those hot flashes been CRAZY!


12 comments:

Mrs. Henderson said...

Praying for you tomorrow!
Boy, you are really crafty!
Remind me to take a picture of one of the crafts I made, inspired by YOU!

JellyBelly said...

What fantastic creations!!!

Praying for your follies (and of course, you!)!

God Alone Suffices said...

Wow, you are seriously amazing! I wish I could give you my mason jars! My mother gave them to me months ago so we could jar my husband's special spaghetti sauce, but we haven't made it yet so the jars have been sitting in my car for months (no place to put them in my apartment).

Sew said...

The ball jars at my thrift store are $1 you know you can buy a case of them for less then a dollar a peice...probably 12 for $8-9...I have a slight obsession with ball jars...I have 4 cases in the closest just waiting to be opened and I use them for EVERYTHING!

;)

Love your creations!!!

Grace in my Heart said...

Amazing job! Love everything! :) You're in my prayers.

Katie @ Persevere in Prayer said...

Cute projects!

l(IF)e Capital IF said...

that tray is adorable and I love, love, love the lamp shade!

Hoping tomorrow's check has good news!

Nicole C said...

I'm speechless. Do you have an Etsy shop?!?

The answer to your question is, NO. I'm not working on anything crafty. I never am! Haha!

Good luck at your follicle check tomorrow!!!

Joy Beyond the Cross said...

I love, love the remote holder! So cool! You are always so inspiring, I love clicking over here! How did the follicle check go? I hope well!

Made For Another World said...

Go, follicles, go!! Adorable crafts. Might steal the lampshade idea ;)

Mary said...

I'm dying to craft and don't know what to do! I'd love some more ideas! I already did a lamp for the guest bedroom (and we dont really have a guest bedroom right now haha) and we have a basket for remotes. Hmph. Really wish you lived closer, I'd love to thrift shop and craft with you :)

Praying for those follies!!!!!

All in His Perfect Timing said...

Oh. My. Gosh. I just LOVE your remote tray! I'm going to borrow that idea for sure! I've been looking everywhere for one I like, but I never thought to make one. :-)