background

Saturday, June 18, 2011

You carry me.

Although these last few days have been rather difficult, I'm trusting God.

It hurts and I feel a little lost and a bit alone, but I'm trusting.

Today is looking up...there's been a few things that I have taken as signs from HIM-which I'll write about later.

For now, I'll leave you with the lyrics from a beautiful song that literally fell into my lap last night. The words hit me at my core and although I had an emotional breakdown, I'm feeling better and that hope, I so desperately cling to all the other days of my cycle, is slowly coming back.

It's not my hope alone. I know He is giving it to me and I'm grateful for that, especially because the last few days that hope has been fairly non existence.

And I wanted to say THANK YOU to all those, new commentors and old commentors, that took the time to comment and say a prayer-I was left in tears that y'all care. I'm eternally grateful for each and everyone's support.

Ok, ok..back to the song, here's the lyrics. You can download on iTunes or listen on YouTube, either way, I hope y'all can get as much out of the words that I have:

"Carry Me" by Audrey Assad
Pain is a forest we all get lost in
Between the branches hope can be so hard to see
And in the darkness we've all got questions
We're all just trying to make sense out of suffering but

You say I am blessed because of this
So, I choose to believe
As I carry this cross, You'll carry me
Help me believe it

Fear is a current we all get caught in
And in its motion faith can be so hard to find
And we all falter 'cause we're all broken
We're all just trying to turn the shadows into light but

You get glory in the midst of this
And You're walking with me
And you say I am blessed because of this
So, I choose to believe
As I carry this cross, You'll carry me

And I know Your promises are faithful
And God, I've seen Your goodness in my life
And oh, I've found Your mercy is a river
Your love is an ocean wide

You say I am blessed because of this
You get glory in the midst of this
And You're walking with me

And You say I am blessed because of this
So, I choose to believe
As I carry this cross, as I carry this cross
'Cause as I carry this cross, You'll carry me

You'll carry me, God
You'll carry me
And Your love is an ocean wide.



7 comments:

Catholic Mutt said...

Love the song; thanks for sharing it!

A Martha trying to be Mary said...

thank you, thank you , thank you!! you have no idea how much you helped me by posting this song. Today when we should be celebrating our adoption with all our hearts, our hearts were broken by being reminded by somebody close to us that we are still infertile. I will play this song over and over for sure today.

JellyBelly said...

What a great reminder to hold onto Him when we feel lost!

Continued prayers, my friend!

Megan said...

Sorry I have been absent from commenting lately. I have been reading! I'm sorry that you have been having a rough time lately. Many many prayers, friend!

JellyBelly said...

I just listened to the song -- thank you so much for sharing! My soul needed a reminder!

St. Rita's Roses said...

Beautiful words!! Thinking of you!

Priscilla Tagle said...

I googled "I'm proud to serve" and I found your blog. I really like your posts and especially this one, sometimes we need God to carry us through difficult times, in his arms we are safe, there is nothing else that should worry us if we are with Him!