background

Sunday, October 7, 2012

It's that time of the year!

My absolute favorite time of the year is fall! It's perfectly kicked off with my birthday (thanks for the well wishes ladies!) and my husband's also!

The weather is gorgeous:


And I always have my husband pull down my fall decorations from the attic. First thing was putting my wreath, I made a couple years back, on our door and then secondly laying out some of the other fall decor to decide where to put it:





And of course fall means lots of scarves with cardigans:


And boots with leggings:


Other perks of fall:
-lots of fall candles to be lit at all times during the day/evening
-state fair and our church's carnival (both have food that I think about all year long!!)
-Aggie football (which we're actually doing pretty good this year...whoop!!!)
-the lead up to Thanksgiving with family and of course my favorite holiday, Christmas.
-the beautiful leaves falling and gorgeous colors of the trees.

And normally I would add here watching the Rangers in the post season but because of this year's rule changes in regards to the wildcard teams, we were eliminated on Friday and will not be advancing. But not just that, our guys just didn't have the heart here at the end. I'm really hoping we can learn and move forward from this...you know, hopefully come back next year and win it all!

So yes, this is my absolutely FAVORITE time of the year. There are so many blessings to be seen and so many memories to me made.

I'm going to make a sign for my mantle with this quote I love, and thought I would leave y'all with it here at the bottom-it's a great reminder if you ask me:



12 comments:

imusthaveprayedforpatience said...

Fall is my favorite, too!

Amy @ This Cross I Embrace said...

Liking Fall?? Blech, so predictable. I expected more from you.

;P

Megan L. said...

I <3 Fall!

Love reading as always.

<3 Megan

JellyBelly said...

I have a love-hate relationship with fall, especially since it's such a short season up here and then the snow comes!

Faith makes things possible said...

TCIE-HAhahahHahAhahahah!

Faith makes things possible said...

Megan: thanks! :)

Unknown said...

Yay for fall babies (I'm an Oct baby). Fall is by far my favorite season between harvest, the colors, cooler weather, the smells gosh I could go on and on.

Team Harries said...

Came across your blog, and I too am in the DFW area - equally upset about the Rangers game, but not excited about the cold!! Congrats on your current pregnancy!!

Hebrews 11:1 said...

I love fall too. And don't feel too bad about the Rangers. You can always root for the Yankees, since they made it to the postseason. ;) Oh, I am so mean!! You love me!

Faith makes things possible said...

Megan-happy October birthday to you! :)

Faith makes things possible said...

C&C: Yeah, it's a rather strange feeling not watching the Rangers...but hopefully next year! I look forward to reading your blog!

Faith makes things possible said...

Hebrews: I just don't know if I could ever (ever, ever) root for them...but we can still be friends! ;)