background

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Still in disbelief that I'm pregnant.

Even typing that title with the words "I'm pregnant" feels so unreal to me.

Tomorrow (or technically today, since it's after midnight) I'll be 25 weeks and I still feel like I need to be pinched...like this is all an amazing dream.

I don't know if this is like most IFers turned preggos or maybe it's most women in general, but I can't believe there's this little person inside of me.

Even though,
I've had 3 ultrasounds...
My belly is def growing bigger and bigger and I'm being asked when I'm due...
My amazing families are in the process of planning my baby showers...
I listen to her heart beating every night...
Her kicks are strong and simply the greatest thing I've ever felt...
I can see my stomach literally jump when she wiggles and kicks...
People ask how she is doing, by name...

All this and I am still in complete awe that this is happening.

I thought that my growing tummy, the talking about it enough and planning for her upcoming arrival would make it sink in...like really sink in but like I said, more times than not I'm just in awe.

I'm guessing that it won't officially sink in until she's placed in my arms.

I can't wait to meet her.

It's crazy, how can it feel like February 4th can't seem to get here fast enough but also, at the very same time, OHMYGOODNESSWEARE15WEEKSAWAYFROMMEETINGOURDAUGHTERFACETOFACE?!!!

:)

And just for a little belly bump update, here's a collage of the bump, starting at 11 weeks and then every other week until 23 weeks:


She's definitely growing in there!

So very thankful for this pregnancy, even if I still feel like I'm dreaming at times!

15 comments:

Megan L. said...

Awesome growing belly. :) Congrats again!

Sew said...

I still can not believe these children have grown inside of me and they happen to come out cute too! :)

Your belly is so cute! It makes me ache..... :)

imusthaveprayedforpatience said...

I feel the same way, and we're 35 weeks. Crazy to think we can meet this baby in 4-5 weeks. Even though the belly is huge and moving all the time and there's a whole room of baby stuff and a baby car seat strapped in my car, it still does not feel real. So amazing!

Unknown said...

Look at you and your cute belly! I keep repeating to myself too that in 11 weeks (granting she doesn't come early) she will be here. Seems so unreal!

Jenny said...

George is here now and I still don't believe it!

Amy @ This Cross I Embrace said...

I know this is going to sound negative, please know I don't mean it that way, but I still can't believe so many of us still aren't pregnant or mothers. It boggles my mind! I think the similarity is that we as humans are so used to living day to day, just trying to make it through in one piece, but when we actually take that time to look back... It's daunting to see how things have changed so much or not changed at all in a long time. I know I would feel exactly as you feel if I were in your shoes, because, well, I feel exactly as you feel now, in my own! ;)
Your belly pics are so adorable!

LizzieB said...

Hey there! Just started following your blog. Congrats on your pregnancy! You give me hope!

All in His Perfect Timing said...

Even though I adopted and didn't give birth, I will say the whole "I can't believe it" is true for me too. It just wasn't "real" until I held him in my arms.

Ania said...

With 12 weeks to go and being in the 3rd tri, it's still not totally real. My nursery is in shambles too...I should probably work on that. You look great!

Faith makes things possible said...

TCIE: I totally did not take this comment negatively! I love your honesty and I can completely see what you mean by this-oh to be understood! :)

Faith makes things possible said...

LB: Well then welcome! So glad that I can't give you a little bit of hope...cling to that and don't give it up!!!! It will get you through the hard times!

Faith makes things possible said...

AIHPT: totally agree...it's when you hold them that it sinks in!!! Or at least that's what I see happening! ;) And by your comment and others...that seems to ring true! Ps, your son is so handsome! :)

Faith makes things possible said...

Sew: I like that, "...and they came out cute!" ;) They are adorable!!!

Faith makes things possible said...

Thanks for the comments ladies-it's wonderful to see that all can relate someone...those still carrying that IF cross, those who've adopted, those pregnant and those with little ones now. Cherish.every.moment.

Catholic Mutt said...

I can see how changing from IF to pregnant hardly seems to be real, even though it's very real and you have the pictures to prove it! But I love it, and I love that you are getting to experience that!