background

Friday, April 15, 2011

The groom wins

"The groom wins!"

This is what I half-hear because I was in a deep sleep when my dear husband decides I needed to know this bright and early yesterday morning.

I ask him what the heck he's talking about and him in his half awake/half asleep state continues to say, "Groom wins...groom wins!"

Confused now, more than before, I ask him to please explain what this means because I was lost.

He states something like this, "Groom wins...you know because groom wins. I'm trying to be sweet. Because groom wins."

I tell him, "ok, groom wins but what and why does the groom win?! Now I'm even more lost and kinda curious because he was being rather persistent...

He responds, "Maybe we played paper rock scissors and the groom won!"

I told him he was probably dreaming.

He leans over and kisses me and informs me that, "Groom wins and the groom wins you know... se.x!"

I laugh and can only imagine what my dh was dreaming about!!

Needless to say, it was a good morning! ;)

After he woke up later (for good) I laughed and told him all that he said and he laughed only remembering some of his crazy conversation but all of the "prize" he won!

He of course doesn't remember his dream but man oh man have we been laughing about it!!

I love that crazy man and am beyond thankful God put him in my life!

There's never a dull moment.

Even in the wee hours of the morning before anyone else has woken up for the day.

"A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person."(Mignon McLaughlin)



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

4 comments:

Katie @ Persevere in Prayer said...

Too funny!

A Martha trying to be Mary said...

hahaha! this is so funny! thanks for sharing.

JellyBelly said...

LOL! So funny!

Mary said...

hilarious!!!love it!! hahaha