background

Monday, October 24, 2011

Day one of get healthy.

Yes, today is day one, of my little "get healthy" thing. I have tried many times and failed.

In fact, a couple months ago when I was biking and doing P90X, I thought surely I would continue on and stay on a healthy path because I knew just how important it was for not only my whole self, but for my fertility as well.

But then, I stopped P90x (shocking, I know) and stopped biking and started back up with sodas, energy drinks, coffee, junk food etc.

Whatever sort of benefits I gained from that working out disappeared quickly.

I did attempt to run at one point a couple months ago, but then a dog tried to eat me and it scared me into not wanting to go out again. Okay, maybe he didn't try to eat me, but he did run up to me and bark and growl and scare the heebie jeebies out of me!

So yeah, working out was put on the back burner and I didn't care.

The thing is though, I am not just trying to get healthy physically, no, I am trying to get healthy physically AND spiritually AND mentally.

The spiritual aspect is off and on. I will say, that during prayer buddies this past time I was praying my rosary nearly every single day, and it felt amazing. I had never accomplished this before and was proud.

But then prayer buddies ended, and so did my rosary praying, a lot like my working out had disappeared also.

That was until yesterday.

I was feeling in a sort of a funk and realized it was because 1)I felt fluffy 2) I wasn't feeling confident 3) I felt like my prayer life was lacking 4) I knew I was being lazy.

My husband and I went on a 3+mile walk yesterday after lunch.

And it felt great.

Then, before bedtime, we prayed the rosary together.

And that felt great.

Then, we did something we haven't done in years.

He read his book and I read my book in bed...no tv last night.

And that felt great.

So, yes...I'm working on getting healthier because I know that I NEED to be healthier. My emotions and confidence have been going SOO HIGH and then SOO LOW lately that I knew that I needed to change.

And so I am.

Here goes to being physically healthier, spiritually healthier and mentally healthier!

Now...time to go stretch because my whole "walk a mile run a mile" thing I just did is making my legs feel like I ran 5 miles! ;)

"Believe you can and your halfway there."

10 comments:

Hebrews 11:1 said...

Hmm...yeah, I just bet you "read books." ;) Haha just kidding! :) That's great that you are focusing on that--sticking with it is one of the hardest things to do in life!! One thing I did that helped was that I joined a gym with a friend. Going together kept me accountable, and eventually I'd go alone even when we couldn't go together. Altogether I lost (it took about two years because I yo-yo'd back and forth a bit and kept having surgeries) about 20 lbs! Plus I felt better all around and had a ton more energy.

Good luck girlie! You can do this!!!!!

Isaiah 55:8-9 said...

You CAN do this!! :)

Question for you... would you be more inclined to like working out if you're doing more of a variety? I never minded working out, except that I got bored of doing the same thing over and over again. Crossfit (I wrote a post on it a while back) is something I really like. The workouts can be really intense, so often I scale back based on what I know I can do. Anyway... just a thought in case you're interested.

I'm with you on the no TV... now if DH & I can just turn off the technology... email, cell phones, etc. :)

I'm praying for you!! :)

imusthaveprayedforpatience said...

Good job! I need to get back to working out myself. I was going on a 45 minute walk every other morning, but stopped when it started getting colder. I need to just bundle up and get out there. We also need to pray the rosary more. Thanks for the inspiration!

Lauren @ Magnify the Lord with Me said...

"Then, we did something we haven't done in years."

You had me worried to continue reading! Haha!

SO glad your kick off is going so well! I know the feeling. Whenever I get back in the groove it's like, "why did I ever stop???" And then I do... You're encouraging me! :)

Perfect Power in Weakness said...

Sounds like a great plan! There is something to say for being balanced in all areas of your life (I believe). Good luck!

JellyBelly said...

You are such an inspiration!!!! Good for you for getting back on the fitness wagon! I wish I was geographically closer so we could work out together!

Faith makes things possible said...

Okay, ladies I am just now realizing that by saying, "we did something we haven't done in years.." that could have led another route! I was joking with my husband,"well seeing as we aren't pregnant it could appear that we haven't done much these past few years, if you catch my drift!" ;) Hey-oh!!! ;)

Get yall's mind out of the gutter! Lol!!

Rebecca said...

Good for you! I am looking forward to lacing up my running shoes for the first time in a couple of weeks tomorrow evening. It's gonna hurt, but it's gonna feel so good at the same time :).

All in His Perfect Timing said...

Good job in getting back to exercising! I SO need to do that.
Perhaps today will be my Day 1. ;)

Megan said...

I highly recommend reading St. Louis de Monfort's book, "The Secret of Mary." I did, and then I completed my total consecration to Jesus through Mary, and it totally revamped my prayer life!