background

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Today I learned the best position for TTC...

Yup, that's right folks...I learned the best position for making those babies.

From my 90 year old neighbor!!!

I kid you not!

Here's what happened:

This afternoon the doorbell rang and I got up and saw that it was our sweet, little old neighbor. I opened the door and invited her in.

She was so eager to talk to me that she stopped right then in there in the entryway and began to talk.

She said, "So, do y'all have that baby yet?"

I was taken aback and told her no, thinking that maybe she had us confused with our other neighbors who did indeed just have a baby.

She then says, "Well, I know how badly y'all want a baby and that y'all are trying hard. I would like to share with you something that I just know will work for you guys. I've been meaning to tell y'all for weeks actually."

About this time I'm standing there thinking how odd that she's coming to give us advice but thought that maybe my dh had opened up to her about our struggles and just didn't mention it to me...

She goes on to say, "When I was first married, that first year I wanted a baby but there was no baby. I was worried but then...well, then one nig.ht I got on the be.d on all fo.urs and my dear husband ente.red me from beh.ind. We got pregnant that very night."

Oh.
My.
Goodness.
What'shappeningrightnow.

I am now officially dying inside trying my very best not to crack up laughing and trying my best to tell my face not to show shock or to show too many shades of red.

And then she told me that she just knows it will work for us and that we need to do that and then she left.

And I locked the door...watched her walk away very slowly (in her black fuzzy house slippers) from the peep hole.

Once I saw she was out of sight I BURST into laughter!

I went to find my husband and I asked him what he told our sweet, little, old neighbor about our struggles with trying to conceive.

He looked at me confused and said that he hadn't told her anything.

Then I burst into laughter as I attempted to relive what just happened.

He then burst into laughter and we both looked at each other a bit confused.

Oh my...good times.

Apparently our neighbor has some sort of TTC esp or something because we just moved in to our house a year ago and we have never mentioned it to her before yet, she had been dying to tell us her "little secret" for awhile now.

My cheeks still hurt from laughing.

So yeah, either she really does have TTC esp or I am not doing a good job of "hiding" our struggles with strangers.

By the way, I'm pretty sure I'm still blushing.

24 comments:

Little JoAnn said...

How close to you live to your neighbor? Within view???

Hebrews 11:1 said...

Oh my!!! But I suppose it can't hurt, right! :) I bet it took a feat of Herculean strength to not laugh!!!

Perfect Power in Weakness said...

Oh my goodness! I would have been so red in the face from embarrassment. I cannot believe it. At least you got a good laugh, huh??

Rebecca said...

I can barely type I'm laughing so hard!

Why don't our doctors tell us these things?!?!? Wait, nevermind, I don't WANT my doctor telling me things like this.

Catholic Mutt said...

I love little old ladies! That is absolutely hilarious!!! How on earth did you not fall on the floor laughing?

Megan said...

This had me laughing so hard!!!!! Oh my goodness!!!!! I would have been stunned!

Leila@LittleCatholicBubble said...

Oh.my.gosh!!!!!!!!!!!

TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO funny!! Are you kidding me?? I would have died! HA HA HA!

JellyBelly said...

I am trying to contain my laughter 'cos it makes my incision hurt too much!!! I can't imagine keeping a straight face through that conversation!!!

I would love to see what was going on in her old lady head! She must've been so proud of herself! ;)

imusthaveprayedforpatience said...

Oh my goodness! I am laughing my butt off over here. Ewww, gross. I can't believe she did that! How mortifying. I would still be blushing, too!

The IF Cross said...

How funny! Before I got pregnant, an older lady in my rosary group told me about how it took her and her husband 5 years to conceive. She told me that we needed to do a seminal analysis, the catholic approved way. Then she told me how they conceived for the first time... her husband had to travel for a few weeks for work and when he returned they had sex and got pregnant right away. She was telling me how her doctor told her that her and her husband were having too much sex and that the break was what they needed to conceive. They ended up having 4 boys :) I, like you were just amazed that this old lady was trying to tell me what I may be doing wrong!!

Perfect Power in Weakness said...

I told my DH this story last night and he said your response should have been "we already tried that." I'm sure that would have left her speechless and not you speechless.

Blessed said...

Oh my God! That was so funny! Now, I am wondering if that actually worked for her ;)

All in His Perfect Timing said...

This has got to be THE BEST story I've heard by far. EVER. on TTC tips!!! :-)
I love PPIW's husband's response of "we tried that already." LOL That would give her something to think about.

Jenny said...

This is hysterical. Cannot.Quit.Laughing!!!!

Ania said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! DH and I are dying with laughter over here! If only it were true...

Tereza Crump said...

hey Titus2 woman lives right next door to you! Enjoy the advice and the wisdom. Have you tried the position yet?? ;)

Tereza

Donna said...

Laughing so hard I'm crying! Gotta love those little old ladies!

January said...

That is entirely awesome and absolutely too funny! Good luck with that ;)

Anonymous said...

I had the exact same conversation (well, except it was a friend of a friend; not an elderly lady!) and you know what? IT WORKED (after two years of TTC). I asked my GYN about it later and he said it was because I have a tilted uterus. I wish he had told me that in 2007! Anyway, thanks to that advice, I now have a toddler!

Lauren @ Magnify the Lord with Me said...

OH. MY. GOSH. Am DYING over here!!!!! ROTFL!!!!!!!!

imusthaveprayedforpatience said...

I have awarded you a Liebster Blog award. :) You are one of my faves and I always look forward to your posts. Check out my blog to find out what to do to award your favorite bloggers.

St. Rita's Roses said...

This is sooooo funny! I would have died!!

God Alone Suffices said...

Oh my gosh! How did I miss this?! This is just...insane! lol I think I would have died of embarrassment!

mrsblondies said...

Hilarious, but terribly awkward! Good luck not turning red next time you see her.