background

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Taking hope whenever I can.

Tonight, at Mass, I had the honor of holding my sweet little nephew.

He's 5.

He literally fell asleep standing up.

I was impressed! ;)

Since I couldn't stand and hold him for too long, I sat during the second part of Mass.

And my heart swelled with love for this little man.

Then my heart starting feeling extremely hopeful that one day, I would be doing this with one of my own.

And well, that hope that I felt swelling my my heart/soul/being...well, I will take that hope whenever/wherever I can get it.

I cling to that hope.

I am grateful for that hope.

(Found on pi.nterest)

8 comments:

imusthaveprayedforpatience said...

I agree! And thank goodness for cute little nieces and nephews.

Rebecca said...

I agree as well! I had similar feelings while feeding our goddaughter during the Eucharistic prayer on Sunday.

All in His Perfect Timing said...

I'm so happy for a warm and fuzzy moment with your nephew ... and for HOPE! We all need more of that!

Hebrews 11:1 said...

I couldn't agree more! Nephews (and nieces) are wonderful balm for the soul. :)

Perfect Power in Weakness said...

Hope never disappoints (can't remember which Bible verse that is from right now...somewhere in the Epistle letters).

Ania said...

and those who have hope will soar like eagles!

Megan L. said...

It is wonderful you have family to attend Mass with. I have a friend that attends, but it isn't the same as family.
I cannot wait to become a mother and raise my children in the Church. Although, I do worry about how I will deal with the crying and tantrums that inevitably occur during times that are supposed to be quiet...i.e. Mass. I always feel so bad for the parents because I know that children will be children, but I know they must be frustrated all the same. That's the one part of parenting that I may struggle with.
Anyway, this comment turned into a saga and a bit off topic, but yay for those children that are so peaceful they just fall asleep!
:-)

Catholic Mutt said...

I love those little moments! :)