background

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The next chapter

I am still in a bit of disbelief that it is already a new year...2011 fleeeew by and I can only imagine how fast this year will zoom by as well.

That is in part why I've decided my resolution for this year is to cherish the here and now moments.

Cherish the time with my amazing, crazy and loud family.
Cherish the moments of laughter and silliness with friends.
Cherish the moments when my husband stops in the middle of doing something just to hug and kiss me and say "I love you."
Cherish the blessings that are here and now.

Too many times I'm either thinking about the past (umm..hello crappy 4 year TTC anniversary, you suck) and all that we could have should have would have done.
Or i find myself worrying way too much about what I will need to/have to do in the future.

Cherishing the blessings that are here in front of me.
Of course, I'm still looking forward with hopeful anticipation and trying to remember not to dwell on the past...

I hope and pray that this New Year brings about many blessings to all of us...

I sure hope so.
And I have faith so.


Cherishing this new year and all that's to come!

"You can't start a new chapter in your life if you keep re-reading the last one."

Omaha...hope you're ready for the H family!!!

11 comments:

Grace in my Heart said...

Beautiful outlook! :)

Catholic Mutt said...

Sounds like a great New Year's resolution!

imusthaveprayedforpatience said...

Good idea. I need to try the same!

JellyBelly said...

I hope you don't mind if I copy you!!!!

Happy New Year, my friend. There are going to be so many great things that happen for you!

Amy @ This Cross I Embrace said...

Happy, Healthy New Year!

Hebrews 11:1 said...

LOVE your resolution! It should be something everyone does. I can't wait til you come to Omaha!

Karey said...

That's what we're trying to do over here too :) I worry too much about the future and about things zooming by too quickly. Praying 2012 is your best year yet!!

Rebecca said...

Beautiful! I need to do this myself...my worst fear (well I guess after never conceiving, although I still think this might be worse) is looking back and realizing I missed the life God was gifting me with because I was trying for the life I wanted. It's such a difficult balance and I do better some days than others.

Prayers for many cherished moments this year.

All in His Perfect Timing said...

Wonderful resolultion! I might have to borrow that too. :-)
Praying for a baby-filled 2012 for you!

January said...

You have such wonderful perspectives on life! I am learning from you all the time. Happy new year!

Mary said...

LOVE THIS! You better let me know when you're gonna be in Omaha in case we'll be there at the same time!!! :) HUGS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!