background

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The sh*t they say...

Okay, so the title probably comes across as a bit harsh and maybe y'all are thinking, "omg...has FMTP officially lost it?!" but don't worry, I write this post in good spirits!

I don't know if y'all have seen the videos popping up ALL over FB but there's videos for most every group of people (and I'm not condoning them all or anything like that) and the "sh*t they say." For example what guys say, what girls say, etc...

Well, I was laughing with my dh that some IFer needs to come up with a video that says, "The Sh*it non-IFers say to ifers!"

Because I know we've heard it all!! My list would start with (but totally not limited to just) this:

"Just relax! Really, we thought after the first month of trying that we might have troubled too, but them we relaxed! It works!"

"I have like a million friends who have adopted and then got pregnant...you should so adopt! It works!"

"Dog.gy style! Really...it works!!"

"Oh, it's so nice y'all are waiting, you'll understand once y'all actually have kids" (This was said after speaking about our 4 year journey)

-"Y'all are young. Don't worry!" (once again said after talking about years of struggle)

-"Go on a trip...that's when our precious ones were conceived! It really works!"

Aaaaand the list could go on but that's where I would start if I made a video! ;)

What about yall? What crazy advice y'all heard?




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

10 comments:

imusthaveprayedforpatience said...

Oh my gosh! So true! All of them!

Hebrews 11:1 said...

So true!! Don't forget the all-too-classic "Just stop trying!!" I always wanted to reply, "Oh, I see! If I stop trying, my fallopian tubes will just unblock themselves!"

FACEPALM!!

Ania said...

I've also heard people be rude about our choice not to do IVF, as though they're sick of hearing about my struggle b/c if I did IVF it'd magically work. Yeah I don't talk about it to those people anymore.

Great list!

Mary said...

AHH I love those videos! Have you seen the "sh*t girls say to their trainers" one? I want to watch it again now that I'm thinking about it ;)

I think a good addition would be to just have someone with a horrified sort of blank stare... bc whenever I'd say "whenever God decides it's time" or something like that, WOW the looks I got...

My MIL and GMIL both would keep saying things like "are we ever going to have grandchildren" blah blah.

And Hebrews didn't someone ask your DH if he knew "how that happens" so he should just do that more or something like that? I remember someone saying something really rude like that to him...
So yeah. that's a GREAT one. Yikes.

JellyBelly said...

I've heard some pretty ridiculous things from my fertile friends over the years! Honestly, we should make a YouTube video!

Anonymous said...

haha! yeah I've heard all of em. I was even told to become a vegitarian b/c meat keeps you from getting pregnant! And it doesn't stop once you do finally get pregnant. Everyone wants to know if we just relaxed or stopped trying. Or were you drunk? that always works! lol

All in His Perfect Timing said...

How about ...
* You're still young, it will happen. I was "X" when I had my first.
* Have you tried "X" treatment?
* Why don't you do IVF?
* Have you tried prayer?
* Just wait, it'll happen

If I had any talent at videos, I'd help you make a YouTube video, but I don't. Hopefully someone will help!

Hebrews 11:1 said...

Mary--OH I remember that guy. It was a guy at one of DH's rotations and he asked DH if we had kids and DH replied, "Well, we're trying!" and the guys said, "You're trying? What does that mean? Is that just a fancy way of saying you have sex with your wife??" !!!!! I was LIVID and would have given that guy a piece of my mind if DH hadn't been getting graded on that rotation. I still get the urge to call the store manager there and complain about that guy!!

Jenny said...

My favorite is when people tell us that we are lucky we don't have kids... that way we can do whatever we want, whenever we want! Ugh!

Georgette said...

"Just get drunk!"
"Plan an expensive vacation for a year from now!"