background

Friday, July 20, 2012

Feeling good

I don't want to jinx myself or anything, but 11 weeks is turning out to be a pretty good time to me.

  • Nausea is at a minimum-compared to the constant state of yuckiness I felt in the previous weeks.
  • My energy is coming back and I don't feel like I need my butt to be plastered to the couch...or bed...or anywhere comfy...anymore.
  • My girls are finally feeling good...bigger but not hurting.
So all in all...I will say I'm feeling good!  Now, I won't lie and say that I didn't have a moment of panic thinking, "oh no... symptoms are not there like they have been!  what if something is wrong?!"

But then, I realized that I had read in my book (What to Expect...), and online, that for some people, starting around this time, start to feel better.

So instead of continuing with my panic state of mind, I offered it up, and said and prayer of thanksgiving for feeling somewhat "normal" again.

Also, I am so excited because next Friday-a week from today!!!!- we have our second doctor's appointment.  We'll be 12 weeks 2 days!  I am hoping and praying that she will let us have another sonogram since the last one was so early and well, who doesn't want to see their little one every chance they can get?

I've heard from a few people that their doctors didn't do another sono until the gender reveal around 20 weeks-but isn't there a way I can beg and plea??

Any experience with this ladies?

I know either way, we are both really, really, really, wanting another sono done...I just hope she's understanding.

Anyways, there's been quite a bit of good news floating around the blog world lately, and I am so thrilled about that!  Continued prayers for all those that have received a BFP or "the call" recently.

So, I end on that, a prayer for thanksgiving for all the blessings floating around the blog world and also, a prayer for all those still waiting, that God will grant them patience and strength during the waiting.

"Pray.  There is immeasurable power in it."



 

14 comments:

Hebrews 11:1 said...

Glad you're feeling better! Welcome to the second trimester, it's awesome. :) We didn't have our second u/s til 20 wks. Your doc would probably do another one if you ask but your insurance may not cover it...just something to look into.

Lisa said...

As someone who has at least 2 sonograms a week from 5 weeks until delivery, I can tell you this... be thankful if everything is going so well that you don't need to see him/her! (But then again, it is always wonderful... it can't hurt to ask) :)

Maybe you can mention that after such a hard road to conception, you'd like nothing more than to see that sweet baby once more, to reassure yourself that all is well.

Amy @ This Cross I Embrace said...

If you REALLY want an ultrasound, ask for the nuchal translucency screening. They do this at 12 weeks, it's just an ultrasound and bloodwork which gives a risk percentile for Down's and other Trisomies. It's not like the results are the important part, here... And the testing is not invasive at all (I'm thinking you've had bloodwork before?;) ) , so it's really just a matter of ensuring you get an ultrasound at 12 weeks.
I'm actually surprised they didn't automatically suggest this screening, they do it around here ALL the time, young patients, first pregnancies, non-high risk, even. Probably because they want to ensure more abortions if they do see some issue... Ah, the joys of living in a Blue State.

imusthaveprayedforpatience said...

Glad you're feeling better! I remember in my first trimester telling my husband that I didn't think I could do this again, even though I want at least 4 kids. The nausea was awful. How blissful it is to not feel that way anymore, and somehow, I immediately forgot how awful I felt.

As for another sono, my doc has a small one that he can just wheel into the exam room, and we pouted a little at our last appointment and he gave us another quick look. He knows all we've been through and how long we've tried. I think that gives him a little sympathy for us. So, try pouting. :)

Faith makes things possible said...

I can't imagine waiting until 20 weeks...I guess we'll see next Fri whether or not we will have to!

Faith makes things possible said...

Lisa, I know that when they aren't revue dying lots of sonos, that's a good thing...I can't imagine all you went through!!

Faith makes things possible said...

I am an old pro at blood work... ;)
I do remember hearing about this somewhere, and maybe it's something she'll require so I don't have to beg on hands and knees!!! Thanks for the advice...it helps, knowing someone on "the inside!" ;)

Faith makes things possible said...

What an awesome doctor!!! Okay, if all else fails, I'll pull out that bottom lip and make the most pathetic face I can!!! ;)

Ania said...

Yay for feeling better, I'm turning the corner too I think. We had our second appt on Monday and just heard the heartbeat, no sono. At first I was mildly disappointed, but hearing the heartbeat was glorious...all the reassurance I needed. I'm impatiently waiting for the anatomical sono at 17 weeks. Aug 6th can't come soon enough. I wish I had known about the 12 week nuchal translucency screen TCIE mentioned, I would have liked an extra peek too!

Sew said...

My doctor always lets me see the baby at every appointment in the beginning! I love him!

Megan L. said...

You are on point with all the new exciting announcements. Every time I get online I see someone announcing on Facebook or Blog. Can't wait for our turn!!!
So glad you are feeling good.

Sarah said...

Between 11 and 13 weeks, my prog started to skyrocket, and I started to feel a million times better, and I've pretty much felt great ever since. :) Sp enjoy it, haha. We also had another ultrasound - 1 at 7 weeks, 1 at 11, so they may very well have another one planned. You can also opt (I think) for the screening ultrasound between 13-15 weeks (I did not, but it's another chance for an ultrasound if you want it!). So excited for you!

Sarah said...

p.s. Oh I see TCIE mentioned the screening one is at 12! For some reason we were given the option between 13-15 (But our pro-life doctor advised against it because like TCIE stated, it's more for those who may want to "take action" if ya know what I mean - ugh. That said, it was REALLY tempting to go for it just for the extra ultrasound! :))

All in His Perfect Timing said...

SO glad you're feeling good! I hope you get another "visit" with seeing your baby again. Fingers crossed! :)