background

Friday, July 6, 2012

So many emotions

Today we are 9 weeks 2 days.
When did this happen?

Our next appointment is on the 27th...and it couldn't be here any quicker!

All in all, THANKFULLY, the worry has subsided.

It also helps that symptoms are still there-hello nausea-so I know that helps ease my mind.

That and the fact that I'm being monitored every two weeks by PPVI for progesterone.

The new thing I'm trying to balance is the celebrating and being happy vs the not wanting to hurt those that are still waiting.

That durn IF lingers with you always...even in pregnancy.

I was talking to my MIL about the struggle with balancing the celebrating and being sensitive because I was getting rather upset because I found myself holding back almost completely in regards to this precious miracle of ours.

She told me that it's always good to be aware of people's feelings but that I shouldn't fear celebrating and showing joy.

Showing my joy=showing my gratitude for this precious one that we have waited.oh.so.long for.

I liked how she put that, it definitely helped me to relax and enjoy this pregnancy more.

Talking about this little one is ok.

Gushing about milestones (ultrasounds, first gifts, etc...) is ok.

I don't know if I'm making any sense at all...there's just so many thoughts and emotions going on as of lately.

Mostly good emotions...but still a lot!

Hope everyone is doing well!

And for now...I'll leave y'all with Baby H's first gift:



I met my girlfriend for lunch and this is what she have our sweet little one, along with a card with lots of Praise Jesus' written about! :)

I, of course, teared up, got chills up and down and thought, "I can't believe this is happening..."

Thank you Jesus!

"Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it."[William Arthur Ward]

12 comments:

Awaiting a Child of God:) said...

And you will continue to feel that way:) when I put my baby down to sleep, I just stare and him and can't believe he is mine:)

Love how your aunt phrased that. It's so true. You would never want to hurt someone else, ESP those IFers, yet you deserve all the reason in the world to be happy yourself. And we can continue to pray for our IFers....that's the greatest gift to them is our prayers:)

Hebrews 11:1 said...

Yes, I agree. Let yourself feel and express the joy and gratitude. When I was IF, I always wanted to see people express the gratitude for the blessing they'd been given

Catholic Mutt said...

That teddy bear is so cute! You know, I always hated it when my friends wouldn't tell me about their joys when they knew I was having a hard time with being single. I so wanted to be able to share their joy with them! The friends that I appreciate the most are the ones that let me share their joy with them, but they are still there to listen to me, too. So glad you're getting to experience more of the joy!

Sarah said...

Please let yourself experience that joy! :) Your good news is not a reflection on anyone else... it just objectively good. And "there is a time to weep... at time for joy... " You've mourned (understandably and appropriately) and now, you are called to joy. :) We can't live all of life holding back and sad. Anyway you know all of this already... still so excited for you!

alison said...

Expressing gratitude is key. Obviously in person it is much easier to tell when you've gushed too much and to know how to balance conversation to be sure to ask how others are doing if you are talking to someone still in the struggle. Its this wonderful world of post-subfertility blogging that has me often at a loss since you aren't speaking directly to a known person but to the abyss where anyone can be offended. Guess you just need thick skin to blog.

Em said...

I'm still solidly in the IF camp. I appreciate your sensitivity; I think we all know it hurts when you're still on this side, and someone crosses over and seems to totally forget the agonizing wait. That obviously isn't true of you though, and I think it's important, both for yourself and for us, that you celebrate your baby all the way! You certainly did your time, in terms of waiting, and totally deserve to enjoy this gift from the Lord with no guilt. Hopefully most IFers who follow your blog care about as a person, beyond just IF or post-IF, and are just plain happy for you (like I am!). :) So shout it from the rooftops!

Megan L. said...

I'm so so happy for you. Enjoy every minute of this journey!!!

January said...

Don't be afraid to be joyful and thankful! I love to see a mama who is bursting with thanks for her baby. And I'm so happy for you! Couldn't have happened to a nicer gal ;) Keep on posting, friend!

St. Rita's Roses said...

Celebrate, Celebrate, Celebrate!! I am so exited for you mama!

Ania said...

I've felt the same way a lot of times and still frequently do.

Anonymous said...

Don't be afraid to celebrate. Although I'm still dealing with IF, I wouldn't want you to miss out on one moment of celebrating your wonderful blessing. You have prayed and remained faithful and now it is time to rejoice! Give God the glory and celebrate this blessing.

Faith makes things possible said...

Thank you ladies for the words of encouragement and advice ladies! Once again, y'all helped me to not feel so alongside with my thoughts/emotions.