background

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Grateful

As I was laying on the couch earlier today, I started to cry...

And not because a of crazy hormones or the constant nausea or perpetual tiredness that surrounds me.

No, I started crying tears of utter joy.

Joy that my body after nearly 5 years of no pregnancy...

That after months and months of BFN...

And after countless doctors visits and blood work and surgery and medicine and shots...

My body some how did and is doing something right.

I'm in beautiful amazement that there's a little one nestled inside my womb.

A forever soul that is already so loved by his/her mom and dad.

It's truly amazing how, after years and years of heart break and pain and suffering, we never gave up hope.

We never gave up faith.

And now, in what is still a beautiful amazement and shock to me, I'm with child.

Hope and faith.
Two key ingredients to surviving the not so great moments.

All I can say, is that if today is the day for you where you are feeling a tremendous amount of pain, sorrow and confusion...hold on.

Hold on to that hope.

Cling to that faith.

Trust that He has things in store for you that will most definitely surpass your wildest dreams.

He's done that for us.

Doctor's always seemed discouraged to hear that we had gone X amount of years without a pregnancy.

But the thing is, you never know God's timing and plans.

So continue to hold onto hope and faith and trust that wonderful things are coming.

Sure, there may be some rocky waters in the process...but it's worth it in the end.

Counting my blessings today and crying joyful, grateful tears for this beautiful miracle.


(print courtesy of pinterest)

9 comments:

alison said...

you really did always have faith...one reason i love reading your blog :-) those moments where you just cry, this time because you're overwhelmed with gratitude instead of heartache, are such a blessing. I pray everyone waiting will one day get to be exactly where you are right now!

A Martha trying to be Mary said...

Such a beautiful post. Absolutely amazing. You have me in tears. God bless you and this amazing new life!

Catholic Mutt said...

Beautiful post! I have always appreciated the way that you would cling to hope and faith even at the toughest times!

imusthaveprayedforpatience said...

So true. Hope, faith, and I'll add . . . persistence.

Lea said...

Beautifully written. Congrats on your miracle pregnancy and may God continue to bless your family. I needed to be reminded of this. I have a miracle daughter who just turned two and I, too, was unable to conceive previously for 5 years! I have since had two miscarriages. It sometimes is hard to keep hope alive, but all I need to do is look in my daughter's eyes and be comforted that God's timing is always the best. I am so happy for you and look forward to continuing to follow your pregnancy journey and welcoming your precious baby!

Hebrews 11:1 said...

It's a miracle, isn't it? :) I still look at C and just cry sometimes b/c I am overwhelmed with happiness.

All in His Perfect Timing said...

I am SO, SO HAPPY for you ... it is a BIG feat to not give up hope and give up on God providing a miracle for you! I am THRILLED you are growing a tiny, perfect, precious babe in your womb! I can't wait to meet him/her!!!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you :) You are such an amazing person, and I smile everytime I read one of your posts. Good luck with everything, what an amazing year this is :)

Anonymous said...

I know you mean well, but oh how I hate platitudes like that.

Not all of us who hold onto hope and faith get "our wildest dreams" come true.

Some us of get nothing but more pain and suffering in this life.