background

Monday, July 23, 2012

Not a country gal?

This weekend was round two of family reunion fun out in West Tx.

I've mentioned before, but just to refresh memories, I was raised by my amazing grandparents since I was 8 years old. So that means family reunions involve seeing my grandma's side of the family and then my grandpa's side.

Our family reunions involve lots of cute, old people and many, many stories of "back in the day."

Which I love!

Anyways, this past weekend my great uncle came and sat next to me and we started chatting about life and what we do.

I said I nanny from time to time.

He said he's been farming since he was 12 (he's in his late 80's now!).

Then he looked at my flush face and said, "well...you certainly don't look like a country gal."

[It was the hottest day of the summer on Saturday reaching well over 107+!!!]

All I did was laugh and say, "well, I do love my AC-and since the majority of today has been outside, well, I guess it shows!" ;)

Then at that very moment of me trying to play it cool a wasp, a dangerous, scary, wasp that stings you and is horrible, flew right by me.

And so this, "playing it cool, non-country girl" reacted.

Did I shiver and pretend it wasn't there?

No, I screamed.
Did an awkward arm thing.
And jumped up and ran like a mad woman.

Very non-dramatic like, I know.

Then my sweet uncle looked at me and said, "Sweetie, they're going to think I pinched you!!"

Then I laughed and realized maybe I'm not quite a country gal after all! ;)

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

7 comments:

imusthaveprayedforpatience said...

I grew up in Louisiana, and I HATE heat and bugs that sting!

Hebrews 11:1 said...

Your great uncle sounds adorable!

Awaiting a Child of God:) said...

You crack me up!!!

Ania said...

Haha too funny. My grandparents helped raise my siblings and I. Cheers to awesome grandparents!

All in His Perfect Timing said...

LOL!!! Hilarious! I would have done the SAME THING! :)

Sew said...

HILARIOUS!!

Anonymous said...

Where's the "like" button! lol Too funny :)