background

Thursday, August 30, 2012

My body does not produce progesterone

I am on:

-200mg PIO shots 2 times a week

-one super fun suppository pill at night

-and now since my last draw was lower than they'd like to see (33.2 @ 16 weeks) I'm now on an additional 2 more oral pills throughout the day.

Seeing as I started at out only 6, I'm definitely glad that I'm going up and not down. But man oh man, today, day 2 of taking it all, it has really caused me to be extra tired!

The nurse at PPVI said that they weren't nervous about anything bad happening, just that they want it higher (apparently its low zone 2) and I'm just grateful they are there watching and helping me throughout this process.

It absolutely amazes me that this little girl of ours has thrived and done so well given my less than stellar progesterone reads.

Speaking of little girl...we are still, slowly taking it all in that we are having a daughter.

We seriously had probably over 90% of family and friends guessing boy, especially seeing as my dh's family, going back many generations, has only ever had a boy first and a lot if times, only boys. Both his brothers have 3 boys each, no girls. Everyone thought it was a given.

But little girl proved them wrong and DH and I are over the moon.

The day we found out she was a she is def up there with our most incredible days ever.

I cannot believe that I am a mother to a daughter.

Still soaking it all in and counting my blessings.

And something else, while we were experiencing such joy, my heart was breaking at the same time for sweet JBTC. It truly made us more aware of just how fragile and precious life is. So in the middle of our celebrating, we were mourning the loss of her sweet one and praying that the Lord will give peace and comfort to her and her family. If you haven't already done so, please take a moment and offer up a prayer (or 10) for this beautiful blogger!

Life is precious.
Don't forget to count those blessings.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

12 comments:

Joy Beyond the Cross said...

I count you as a blessing. Thank you my friend, thank you. You have no idea how much this community means to me, you are all truly an extension of Christ's hands and feet. P.S. I love your baby's name!

Joy Beyond the Cross said...

I count you as a blessing. Thank you my friend, thank you. You have no idea how much this community means to me, you are all truly an extension of Christ's hands and feet. P.S. I love your baby's name!

Emily said...

I'm glad PPVI is taking care of you and your precious cargo. :) I too was taking 200mg/2x week and 3 prometriums a day at one point in my last pregnancy. Thankfully that only lasted about 3 weeks before I was allowed to go back to just one pill. My son is 6 months old and just perfect. Hang in there, it's so worth it.

Hebrews 11:1 said...

Zone 2 is still good!! You are doing all the right things...hang in there! Emily's right, it's worth it!

I am so thrilled that you are having a GIRL!!!! Being the mother of a daughter is so wonderful. You are such an incredible person, you're going to make a spectacular mother.

Perfect Power in Weakness said...

My body didn't produce progesterone either. I chalked it up to PCOS. My numbers were Zone 2 or 1 the whole pregnancy! And our little girl is perfect. I'm sure yours will be too.

imusthaveprayedforpatience said...

Mine doesn't make progeserone either. I've been in zone 1 for the last couple of draws. So, now not only do I get the big a** progesterone shots twice a week, but those annoying suppositories twice a day. Wake up body!

Julie said...

Girls are so fun. I LOVE that my daughter is the one who made me a mother. It is a very special bond!! Of course, at 2 years old she is a Daddy's girl (which warms my heart so much) and our little boy (almost a year) is a Mommy's boy all the way right now!!
It is one of the sweetest things in the world to see your husband holding his daughter!! I am so glad you get to experience that!!!!

St. Rita's Roses said...

I am so happy for you! doesnt prog stink! I hate those shots, but I will do anything for my baby!! praying that your numbers go up!! Wait, did I miss something?? you name your girl??

Rebecca said...

Thankg God for NaPro doctors and PPVI! Grow little girl, grow! Continued prayers!

Faith makes things possible said...

Awe Julie-this comment gave me goosebumps!!! I can't wait to see my dh holding her...so sweet!!! You are one blessed mama :)

Faith makes things possible said...

Thank you! Now E and F will have a little bond sharing a name and all! :) Still praying for you!!

Faith makes things possible said...

Thanks ladies! And yall are right-as sore as my bum feels or as yucky as the suppositories make me feel or trying to remember the other pills throughout the day....it's def worth and I would do it 10x more a day! Dern you PCOS and your not wanting to produce progesterone but yay to PPVI for being so resilient in the fight! ;)