background

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Tomorrow

This morning I woke up and did as I have done every morning since we found out we were expecting, I had my hands on my belly and said, "thank you Lord for this precious gift."

Then, I came out into the living room and grabbed our doppler to get a listen at this little one. I've gotten really good as finding him/her and this morning was no exception-instantly the beautiful "whoosh, whoosh, whoosh" sound came up.

Truly one of the most beautiful sounds this gal has ever heard.

I could tell they had been sleeping too, because unlike normally where they are wiggling all over, heart rate jumping from 150-160, this morning it was a steady 145 and they weren't trying to wiggle away.

After that I went and got breakfast and my vitamins. As I was sitting there eating, I nearly broke down in beautiful, grateful, joyful tears.

I couldn't believe that tomorrow, we will find out if we are having a son or a daughter.

Tomorrow.

My heart is literally bursting from the anticipation and I'm still simply in awe that this is happening in our life.

So many years of waiting.
So many years of failed treatments.
So many tears and heavy hearts.

I've wanted to be a mother for as long back as I can remember and have drawings/diary entries to prove it.

I've wanted to be a mother for so long, and we had to wait even longer that it's absolutely amazing and surreal to me that, we are living those moments...those beautiful moments leading up to us holding our precious one.

So, somehow, today, I'm suppose to carry on and go through the day as if something truly amazing isn't going to happen tomorrow.

Except, it is going to happen.
Which means, probably tears on and off today and lots of big, smiles and day dreams.

I can't wait to share the news with y'all with pictures and all.

I would be lying if I said I was a teeny bit nervous- just hoping and praying that our little one is growing strong and healthy, so prayers would be greatly appreciated.

Oh the joyful anticipation of tomorrows appointment-2:30 CST!

How oh how will I sleep tonight?!?!


15 comments:

Amy @ This Cross I Embrace said...

Such a joy-filled post. I love reading your posts because you take no second of motherhood for granted. Thank you, for that.
Blessings for tomorrow!

Ania said...

As much as I struggle to see IF as a blessing, this is one area where I see some goodness. Nothing, not even dreaded sickness is taken for granted.

We have our scan on Wed and I'm right there with you. Ahhh can't wait for your big reveal!

Grace in my Heart said...

Yay! Can't wait! :)

Megan L. said...

Yay!!! So exciting!

alison said...

Ditto to tcies comment. And I sure hope he/she cooperates with the tech and isn't shy!! Our little guy hated the 20week scan and now I realize its his personality to not like people messing with him! Excited to tune in tomorrow!

Jenny said...

CANNOT WAIT!!!!!!!!

Patiently Waiting...... said...

I love how appreciative you are of motherhood. Such a beautiful blessing! I will be thinking of you tomorrow and anxious to hear about the arrival of a "he" or "she" God Bless!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to find out!!

Blessed said...

What a beautiful post and I am so happy for your wonderful blessing! Waiting anxiously for your updates..

Unknown said...

Praying for you!

Hebrews 11:1 said...

What a blessed and wonderful moment. You better text me right after your appointment!! I'll be dying from anticipation!!

Hebrews 11:1 said...

PS, you should record it!! See if the tech will record you and your hubby the moment you find out. How priceless to have that video forever.

All in His Perfect Timing said...

Thinking of you today!!! :-)

St. Rita's Roses said...

I cant wait- I am thinking BOY!11

Julie said...

WAY PAST DUE ON A UPDATE POST!!!