background

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

13 week appointment

Today we had our 13 week appointment.  It was crazy though, unlike the last appointment, this time I was rather calm and relaxed leading up to it.

We got there and got in rather quickly.

I, unfortunately, had to do my annual exam-which is no fun, but it went by fast.

Then, she immediately went and grabbed her doppler and said, "Ok, please don't be concerned if we can't find the heartbeat right away, sometimes it takes time and really, there's nothing to worry about..."

BUT...the moment she put the doppler on my stomach we heard the most BEAUTIFUL sound I have ever heard...the "whoosh, whoosh, whoosh" our our little one's heart, beating away.

I got chills up and down my body and of course cried tears of joy.  I looked at my husband and said, "Babe, can you believe it, that's our son's or daughter's heart beating away?!"

We both just smiled in beautiful awe at the sound of their heart beating away.

Then before we had a chance to finish anything up, I said, "Is there ANY way we can do an ultrasound today, it's just that I..."

And before I could spit out my big speech about why we really wanted another one, she goes, "Of COURSE!  I just love you guys and I know that y'all have waited so very long for this so of course we will sneak a peak at your little one!"

She is truly such an amazing doctor, so understanding of our struggle and such a blessing.

Well, we headed back to the ultrasound room and I was so giggly and felt like I could literally burst from pure joy and happiness.

She came in, and just like I had seen in the movies (only WAY better!!!), she placed the gel on my abdomen and then got the little wand and bam...right there on the screen was our little one.



What we saw was so incredible, our little one was wiggling so much.  We saw their little feet kicking and squirming around and then we saw them lift their little hand to their face.

SOOOOO incredible.

She had trouble getting a decent picture because he/she wouldn't stop moving, so the picture I'm going to post is of them laying on their back, hands to their sides, but you can't see their legs or anything else because they were too busy dancing! ;)


It was so incredible!

Thank you Lord!

Thank you for being there for us throughout all the struggles, pains and heart ache that went along with the waiting.
Thank you for all these beautiful moments that are happening for us now.
Thank you for filling my once empty womb with life.

THANK YOU JESUS!

14 comments:

Perfect Power in Weakness said...

Woo hoo! Beautiful! So excited for you.

A Martha trying to be Mary said...

I am sooooooo happy for you! I even have tears in my eyes! amazing amazing amazing!

Catholic Mutt said...

So wonderful!

Sarah said...

So awesome! It's amazing how quickly you can see their cute baby features.

JellyBelly said...

How wonderful!

Grace in my Heart said...

Yay!

Hebrews 11:1 said...

Such a special moment!!

Ania said...

I wish I had asked at our last appt, but was thrilled to hear that glorious heart beat. I can't wait to see our bean on Monday

Anonymous said...

Your joy is palpable - I love stopping by here to see how you're doing! It's such a wonderful reminder to me of the sheer joy of life when you've waited through IF for so long!

Irene Roe said...

Awww....

Faith makes things possible said...

Thanks ladies!!! It still doesn't feel real...when will it feel real?!

January said...

What a totally awesome blessing!

All in His Perfect Timing said...

AWESOME!!! What a miracle!

Anonymous said...

Ahaa, its fastidious dialogue regarding this paragraph
here at this webpage, I have read all that, so now
me also commenting at this place.

Feel free to visit my website abc soap digest comings and goings