background

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Our master bedroom has never looked so good!

The other day when we were at my Gm's, she gave us the cradle that my aunt used for all 8 of her kids, my cousins.

The special thing about this cradle is that my Gp hand made a cradle for each aunt, three total, and then the talk was when we (my brothers and I) were old enough and had kids, we would use it.

As some know, and as a refresher, when I say, Gp I mean the man who raised me and my brothers, so much more like a father than only a grandpa.

My Gp passed away from an accident nearly three years ago-it devastated our family but we all find peace in knowing that he's in heaven.

So this cradle is very special.
I've actually dreamt about getting to lay my little ones in it, just knowing that such an important man in my life made it.

Well...the cradle is here...at our house...in our bedroom! I have tears just thinking about this!

I actually bumped into it last night going to the bathroom. And then, there in the dark I smiled like a crazy person! :)

Seeing it makes my heart jump for joy! My Gm said we needed it now because, "if you're about to find out the gender you need that cradle!" ;)

It's a little naked, no bedding, but my Gm is going to make all white bedding for it.

Someone pinch me now...this all seems so (beautifully and amazingly) surreal.


"When you're happy like a fool, let it take you over." [OneRepublic, Good Life]

14 comments:

JellyBelly said...

Yay!!!

Kaitlin @ More Like Mary said...

it's so perfect!

Sarah said...

LOVE!! :-D

Hebrews 11:1 said...

I love it!!!!

All in His Perfect Timing said...

I love the special meaning behind the cradle! Your Grandpa will surely provide your baby with sweet dreams and watch over them at night.

Catholic Mutt said...

It's wonderful! I love it, and I love that it's there waiting for such an important little person!

Perfect Power in Weakness said...

So beautiful! I'm so happy for you.

imusthaveprayedforpatience said...

That's so sweet!

Ania said...

My gp basically raised us too, how special you have this beautiful piece of his handiwork. It looks great! Excited to see the bedding.

January said...

What a beautiful cradle!

Unknown said...

That is so awesome. We have the high chair that was at my great grandma's that my grandpa used and then all of my aunts and uncles, very special to me.

St. Rita's Roses said...

Love, love, love it!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome:)

Lauren @ Magnify the Lord with Me said...

That makes me want to cry!!! I'm so happy for you! Your room looks AMAZING now!!!!! Complete!