background

Monday, August 2, 2010

Questions for those that have had surgery before...

I guess the title says it all, huh?! I just have a quick question before I have to run out and get some errands done (we are almost all settled in at my GM's house, house hunting with resume again next week after I'm feeling better.)

Of the ladies that have had surgery done, whether it be the ovarian drilling, wedge resection, removal of endometriosis, or anything "down there"...how long after before the spotting stopped? I had the surgery last Tuesday and I am still having some spotting, mostly brown. It's not a whole lot, but it's more than I have had before and although my doctor said it would occur, we never thought to ask how long.

Thanks ahead of time to anyone who can shed some light on this for me!

9 comments:

Sew said...

I spotted until I got on hormones. ;)

About the digestive track...If it's constipation, miralax helps wonders....

And I'm not going to be the thyroid police...But have you had your thyroid checked...It wasn't until AFTER my surgery did I almost die because of the constipation.....It was so bad, like I had never seen before...

But it wasn't until my non-thyroid was regulated did things in that department act normal....Just letting you know...Just incase... ;)

Kaitlin @ More Like Mary said...

eek-I can't remember that one. Sorry!

Kaitlin @ More Like Mary said...

Wait! That is why God gave us charting. I just checked back at my old chart. I has surgery on CD 4 and only spotted for 4 days after that.

Kaitlin @ More Like Mary said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy @ This Cross I Embrace said...

After my adhesion removal I spotted 1 week exactly. I think after the laparotomy (ovarian wedge) I spotted about 5-8 days.

Hebrews 11:1 said...

Yeah I don't think I spotted very long after my laparascopy but after my big surgery, the laparatomy, I spotted about a week.

Andrea Starosciak said...

After my lapraotomy with Hilgers, I spotted for 10-11 days - mostly brown.

JellyBelly said...

I spotted for a few days after my lap because it was CD 3 when I had my surgery. I didn't have any spotting after my laparotomy because I was on L.upron and I didn't have a period!


I hope that the spotting stops soon!!!

Faith makes things possible said...

Thanks yet again! I was sort of worried because I still had some (mostly brown) spotting yesterday and wasn't sure if that was normal! Thankfully there has been non today!!

Sew-I know nothing about tyroid really...I've read a bit about it from your blog but have not thought about it for myself. What are signs one should look for with tyroid problems?

THANKS AGAIN GIRLS FOR YOU ADVICE!