background

Thursday, January 13, 2011

When life hands you lemons...

Drink wine and cut your bangs (that you've been thinking about doing for far too long!) with two of your besties! :)

Yup...with CD1 in full force yesterday I decided I wouldn't let it ruin my day one bit.

So, I called up two of my girlfriends to come over for a impromptu wine night.

And it was filled with candles burning, delicious wine, lots of laughter, a few tears and girl talk out the wazoo!

Good thing my husband was working, I'm not quite sure he would have survived all the girl chatter! ;)

Girl's nights are good for the soul.

Yes indeed.

And now, I'm spoiled even more because my dh took off work tonight and he and I are going to cuddle up with a soft blanket and watch a movie.

Date nights in with your husband are good for the soul.

Yes indeed.

"In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit. (Albert Schweitzer)


12 comments:

Donna said...

Sounds like you've had a couple great evenings. Enjoy!

Grace in my Heart said...

What a good idea! I bet it made you feel so much better.

Leila@LittleCatholicBubble said...

You are a sweet and lovely person, and I am so glad that you have such an amazing dh to cuddle with! God is good!

Nink said...

Awesome! Sounds wonderful! :)

JellyBelly said...

Wish you lived closer to me so we could hang out! You sound like a blast!!!

Lauren @ Magnify the Lord with Me said...

wish the bloggers could have joined you!

God Alone Suffices said...

Both nights sound so nice! :) Jealous! ;)

Mary said...

I am so glad that you have good friends nearby so you can enjoy yourself!!!! And a wonderful husband to cuddle up with too of course! :)

Awaiting a Child of God:) said...

This post made me happy:) That is good for my soul!

Thankful said...

Sounds like so much fun!

Sew said...

I love girl time! LOVE IT!

Can you email me your address...I misplaced it! ERGH!!

Anonymous said...

girls nights are the best! :)