background

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

I'm sure y'all have heard this quote

But, it's been on my heart rather heavily lately, so I thought I would post it in case someone hasn't read it yet:

The English language lacks the words to mourn an absence. For the loss of a parent, grandparent, spouse, child or friend, we have all manner of words and phrases, some helpful some not. Still we are conditioned to say something, even if it is only “I’m sorry for your loss.” But for an absence, for someone who was never there at all, we are wordless to capture that particular emptiness. For those who deeply want children and are denied them, those missing babies hover like silent ephemeral shadows over their lives. Who can describe the feel of a tiny hand that is never held?"
[Former 1st Lady, Laura Bush]

I'll be honest...I've been missing and praying fervently for that little one from my dream...missing him so very badly, even though we've never actually met.

Dreams are amazing that they can do that. There are nights when right before I fall asleep I ask the Lord to bring me back there.

There's only been one other time, just a couple nights ago, that I dreamt about being a mom to that precious baby boy.

And what a beautiful, wonderful dream it was!

Some may not like dreaming-just ask my dh, he'll say he hates it...he wants a completely restful, dreamless night, but for me...I love them!!

By the way...all in all, I'm doing well...just soaking up time with nephews and nieces and anticipating (joyfully) celebrating our big 5th wedding anniversary (6/9).


8 comments:

Karey said...

That quote couldn't be more right on. I so mourned the babies I hadn't yet met. And now that they're here, I know it was totally them all along. I cannot wait for you to meet that little boy!

Becky said...

Love that quote! It so perfectly captures how I feel. Thanks for posting!

Kristina said...

That quote always makes me tear up. It so perfectly captures what I feel when I try to explain why infertility hurts so bad. And "silent ephemeral shadows" ...that phrase gets me every time.

JellyBelly said...

What a perfect quote!

Hebrews 11:1 said...

A beautiful quote. I used to have dreams like that too...I cherished them, even though they broke my heart. Keep hoping, J. You are in my prayers!

All in His Perfect Timing said...

I think that's the quote that most perfectly captures infertility and what its like to be infertile.
Keep dreaming! It WILL happen. I truly believe that. I hope you have an incredible deja-vu feeling when that dream comes true!
Happy (early) Anniversary! My birthday is 6/9. So you picked a great day to get married! :-)

Faith makes things possible said...

Your comment gave me goosebumps! So beautiful!

Faith makes things possible said...

Well happy early birthday to you pretty mama!! :)