background

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Telling the world...ie: Facebook

So, after our appointment on Thursday we were feeling so elated and excited. We knew right away that we were going to tell the rest of our family and some really good friends after the appointment.
 And we did.
 And it was amazing.
 :)

 But then came the whole, "when do we tell the rest of the world?" And by that we of course mean, FB! 

When I first thought about it, I was unsure if it was a "good idea" to tell the world so soon. Yes, we are a little over 8 weeks, blood work looks good, and we saw our little one and their heart beating away.

 But was it too soon?

 What if, God forbid, something happen?

 But then it hit me like a ton of bricks.... I want to CELEBRATE. I want to CHERISH every.single.moment of this pregnancy.

 This could be our only pregnancy and I would hate to look back and see that we didn't enjoy every moment.

 So, I told the world! ;)
(Facebook)

 I shouted it from the rooftops!!
(My status)

 And people sung songs of joy for us!!
(Commented on our status)

 And I am SOO happy I did because...
This is a miracle.
This is a gift from God.
This is something to CELEBRATE and CHERISH and ENJOY.

 God is SO good.

12 comments:

Amy @ This Cross I Embrace said...

I'm soooo glad you are celebrating!! You deserve it!!

Unknown said...

Yay for celebrating, we haven't told fb yet but I'm thinking this week.

Awaiting a Child of God:) said...

What a great feeling!!! I'm so very happy for you. You deserve this sooooo very much:)))))

Rebecca said...

LOVE that you are celebrating! Your status took it's good ol' time showing up in my feed and I was so excited to see it!

Ania said...

I've debated this a lot, I feel terrible but I'm just not ready yet. Maybe I'll get the courage 2nd tri?

The IF Cross said...

Yes...celebrate every moment!! I'm so happy for you :)

Jenny said...

Yes, celebrate!!!!!

Hebrews 11:1 said...

Yes, enjoy every second!

Made For Another World said...

So glad you are celebrating this life!!! Praise God!

Karey said...

Perfect!!

Awaiting a Child of God:) said...

I just wanted to comment again bc I'm soooo very happy for you!!!!! I remember when I first met your blog and I just wanted this so bad for you...and here it is!!!!

Catholic Mutt said...

I love that you are celebrating and cherishing every awesome moment!