background

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Goosebumps

I get goosebumps rather frequently. I think it's because I'm super sensitive and things really get to me quite easily and I have that moment where chills race up and down my body.

It wasn't that long ago that my little niece told me their not goosebumps, they're Jesus bumps-or something like that! Basically, when you get goosebumps it's because God telling you something and whatnot.

Well, I had one of those moments this morning and I knew instantly that it was God's working!

Today was the BIG ultrasound for my big bro and SIL. I was definitely anticipating the call because this is the first niece/nephew from my side and the idea of my big brother being a dad literally brings so much joy to my heart!

Well, I got the call and they had me on speaker phone and asked what I thought the gender was. I told them I thought boy but thought it would be funny if it was a girl since my SIL had had sooo many dreams it was a boy! ;)

Drum roll....

They're having a BOY!!

I'm beyond excited for them. My brother and I have talked about having our own children and actually making right and being there for them, unlike our parents who abandoned us when we were young-another story for another time.

Now, for my goosebump moment:

They asked if I wanted to know the name and of course I did! They told me his name would be Damian....after St.Damien of Molokai, a Saint recently canonized and who had a special place in my brother's life since he was stationed in Hawaii years ago.

The neat thing, that caused the goosebumps?! This pretty lady, who I just started reading her blog, does a neat thing where she draws patron saints for the upcoming year, for people who ask. Well I thought it would be neat to participate and this is my Saint:

Damien of Molokai!!!!!!

What are the odds?!

I find that to be very neat! This saint must already be praying for me and my little nephew to be, who shares his name sake! I guess, I need to ask for him to intercede for me in regards to us starting our family!

Anyways, I thought it was so neat and had to share!

12 comments:

Julie said...

such a sweet story!

The IF Cross said...

I just found your blog and have read several of your posts. Thank you for sharing your story. I'm so glad God let me to this IF Catholic Blogging world :)

Leila@LittleCatholicBubble said...

Whoa! That is VERY cool!!!!!

Megan said...

That is AWESOME!! :)

Awaiting a Child of God:) said...

OH my goodness, this makes me wanna cry:) I love this for you!! God is at work! Soon on you:)

Anonymous said...

Amazing story - thank you for sharing! We have to celebrate these moments of grace!

Mary said...

Oh my goodness!!! What a BEAUTIFUL story!!! Congratulations on your new little nephew :) :)

Joy Beyond the Cross said...

AWESOME! I love saint connections like that! Wow, so cool. St. Damien, pray for us! Have you seen the movie about his life? My DH and I watched it and thought it was so good. If you haven't, you should check it out!

mrsblondies said...

So neat and congratulations on your new little newphew!

Faith makes things possible said...

Thanks ladies! I still can't believe it! I remember thinking, "why the heck did I get him?!" since I was looking for a connection on my life! I think it's God's way of saying that you can pray that any saint will intercede your intentions-not just the obvious ones!!

St. Damien, pray for us!!

JBTC-I haven't seen it but I totally will check it out. My brother actually gave me a book about him since he too was in aww over the situation.

JellyBelly said...

Definitely a goosebump moment!!!!

Anonymous said...

That's awesome!!! :)