background

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Trip to Ann.apolis

That's right! I'm so excited because plans were just finalized this week for Jan 15-25!!

My SIL, BIL and two nephews are driving from MD this week and spending Christmas here in TX. But then my BIL has to leave early-he's Marine-to get back to work. SOO my MIL and I are driving back with my SIL and two nephews (5&2.5) on the 15th.

The great part is that 1)I've never been there before and 2) we are going to attend the March for Life in DC on the 24th! I've never been to the March for Life before and I hear it's a pretty amazing experience to be with so many others who are fighting the good fight to end abortion.

It'll also be neat because my SIL said that the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception (whew-that's a doozy to type out...wait, who am I kidding, I copied and pasted! ;)) is beautiful and we will definitely take a trip there also. She's so sweet and has lit many candles for my dh and I and our intentions, especially in regards to our fertility.

Actually, right before the trip I will have either gotten my first ever BFP (a girl can hope) or a visit from AF. I was trying really hard NOT to think about the "ooo...I could be pregnant and attending the shrine and the march for life" but obviously I failed miserably and the thoughts are there.

I'm still hoping with every ounce of my being that this is our month. That this month the clomid is at just the right dosage and we will conceive! The hope is merited though, after my body responding so well last month when prior to surgery it had not-well, hope is there and it's stronger than it's been in months and I fully embrace it!

Ok, for those of you who have time to kill or just want to have a good laugh, you HAVE to check out this Website! It's about all the ways the I.phone autocorrects...

"Hope is putting faith to work when doubting would be easier."

7 comments:

Sarah said...

Hubby proposed to me at the Shrine just in March of this year. :) Actually one of the very first times we sort of hung out was at the Shrine before the March for Life about 4 years ago. He even tried to offer me a ride to DC (2 hours), and I cluelessly missed the email, ha! :) So good things have happened to us when the shrine is involved, at least. And yes the March is great!! I'll pray for your intentions.

Kaitlin @ More Like Mary said...

I have always wanted to go to the March! I hope there IS a little one inside you when you're there!

God Alone Suffices said...

I've been on the March 3 times, and it's wonderful! I wish I could be there this year! The Shrine is amazing! Make sure you go to the Vigil Mass there the night before the March-it's amazing! :)

Praying for you! :)

Megan said...

Have an amazing time at the March! I have so much hope for you too, and I am praying that this is the month!

Okay, the iphone auto correct website is laugh out loud hilarious! TOO FUNNY!

Leila@LittleCatholicBubble said...

I've never been to the March!! Enjoy every moment, and I pray that you will carry a little one with you!

Nicole C said...

Hi! I hopped over from Leila's blog. I will be at the March! Lived my entire life in the Midwest but now reside in northeastern MD so I've been the last few years. You'll LOVE it! I struggle with the same issue you do, and I pray this will be your month! Enjoy!

Faith makes things possible said...

I LOVE hearing all the wonderful things about the Walk! And I truly appreciate the prayers!!!!

Nicole-nice to "meet you!" ;) How Wonderful that you live close enough to go each year! I'll be praying for you!