background

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

It's snoooowing!!

Holy cow!!

How is it that I was over in Maryland for over 10 days and didn't see this much snow?!

Go Texas...70+ last week and below freezing with lots of snow this week!!

Ok, ok...I'm sure y'all aren't interested so much in a weather update since it's been so long since an actual update!

Here's what's been going in a nut shell:

-The March for Life in D.C was overwhelmingly Amazing. Notice I said 'amazing' with capital A because it was truly a wonderful experience. One of my favorite signs was being held by a ridiculously cute 10 or so year old...it said, "if it's not a baby, then you're not pregnant!"
Although it was such a great time, I missed my dh beyond words!! I was that girl who literally ran through the airport to his arms. :) It's good to be home.

-IF didn't consume my thoughts or days while I was on vacation- it was so refreshing. I'm back to reality now and although I know when CD1 creeps up I'll have to call the doctor and start back up with the doctors appointments, blood work, sonograms and medicine... I'm just praying that I remain relaxed, confident and hopeful.

-This week I'm getting started on planning my SIL's baby shower for the last Saturday this month. I'm not going to lie, I had to really pray about whether or not I was emotionally strong enough to be the one to plan this shower...but, after lots of praying and thinking about it, I called her and let her know! I also asked my Gm, SIL and aunt to help. I'm excited about the planning part-I want it to be special-I'm making the decorations and invites! I'll post pictures as I go along. If any of y'all have fun crafty blogs with baby shower ideas...let me know! I'm doing a space like theme, since that's the bedding they picked out from Tar.get. I saw these cute ideas off one blog and so that's how I decided:
Lastly, super bowl is literally taking over our city!! My husband has 3 part times (he's a police officer) so the money will be awesome but the extra time a part not so much. On a side note, I read in the paper that aside from needing X amount of extra officers, workers, etc...but the thing that caught my eye was that they said the Dfw area would need an extra 10,000 strip.pers to accommodate all the out of town-ers. Gross.

Anyways, that's what's been going on over here...I'm looking forward to regularly posting and commenting and also responding to emails!

You girls are great and have been in my prayers!!!

"I love you to the moon and back..."

9 comments:

Mrs. Henderson said...

Shoot!!! How did I miss that you were at the march? We should have met up!
And it was FREEZING! Us southern girls can't take that kind of weather.
Check out www.thebusybudgetingmama.com for great shower ideas! She is awesome!

JellyBelly said...

Send that snow up here where we should have snow!!!!

Mr JB is a Steelers fan so we're Superbowl too!!

Kaitlin @ More Like Mary said...

I'm smiling at the image of you being that girl in the airport :)

10,000?? Super gross.

Nicole C said...

I'm very confused as to how you were in MD for 10 days and didn't see snow! Haha! The new header on my blog is the view out of my front window. I live in MD and it wasn't taken very long ago! :)

Faith makes things possible said...

M.Henderson-what?! You were up there also? I would have totally met up! Bummer! Where are you from?

Jellybelly-I'm pretty sure this is the last "big storm" for this winter season so at this time I won't be sending any your way bc we never get it! ;)

Kaitlin-I know...so gross!!!

Nicole-no snow when we were there! Of course the day after we left it snowed a lot!!

Lauren @ Magnify the Lord with Me said...

That is SOOOO Cute!!!

Mrs. Henderson said...

I was totally there...freezing my little tush off!(well, not off...that would be too awesome!). I brought 25 kids from the youth group I help out with- wasn't it powerful?
I am from GA, so I like my warm weather!

Awaiting a Child of God:) said...

10,000!!! That's a lot of STDs! YUCK!

I'm so jealous you got snow and I didn't. No fair!

We never get snow...we are on the gulf coast so that is one major reason. An hour or so north gets the snow but not us. Darn.

My sista lives in Fort Worth. :) Random fact for you! ha! I go out there 1 or 2x a year. Next time I do, I will let you know!

Faith makes things possible said...

Awaiting a child....sounds like a date! :)