background

Monday, September 19, 2011

The anniversary of freaking life

I wasn't quite in the mood to write today-but then I realized that I still had the not so happy post still up at the top and I don't like that much.

So, I'm writing.

Things are getting better. I'm starting to feel better although there have been a few moments where I was just sad, BUT...thankfully, they aren't really happening that often!

Phew.

Thank goodness...I don't like being down.

I just wanted to say thank you so much for the prayers-I can say that I truly know that they work because 1)I'm feeling better and 2)prayers a powerful thing!

I'll end by explaining my title for this post (sorry for the randomness-like I said, I wanted to get rid of the downer post at the top and well...this is what happen when I go blindly into posting!). You see, I was visiting my Gm earlier tonight with my dh and I was telling her about upcoming plans.

I told her we were going to hear Dave Ramsey speak on October 1 (he's awesome..teaches people how to get out of debt using a snow ball effect, and he's Christian and well, just awesome) because my BIL bought us tickets. I then told her that he mentioned that since the 2nd is my birthday (wahoo, I LOVE birthdays!!) that we should probably go out and celebrate on the 30th of September because well, after going to the seminar we aren't going to want to spend money...

My Gm then laughed and told me that I was crazy to get excited about birthdays and then mentioned something about not celebrating that much or something about every 5 years or so.

I told her, "Umm...birthdays are the anniversary of freaking life!" Not, my quote, but a quote stolen from Kelle Hampton and I couldn't agree more. :)

So, if you are wondering what I am looking forward to, it's that in 2 weeks from yesterday, it will be my birthday. And even though there are times I look and think about where I thought I would be by now...I'm grateful for all that I do have and I am not going to let some "what could have would have should have beens" ruin my birthday.

I'm truly a blessed woman-even in the middle of the not so great days.

"Birthdays...celebrate them. Plain and simple. Whether you are 2 or 42. It's not a promotion. It's not a graduation. It's the anniversary of freaking life!" (Kelle Hampton-Enjoying the Small Things).

10 comments:

Hebrews 11:1 said...

I like this post. :) Happy almost-birthday!!

Catholic Mutt said...

Love that quote! And I get excited about birthdays, too, so have fun celebrating yours soon!

JellyBelly said...

I've praying hard for you buddy!!!! Happy almost bday!!!

More Than Anything said...

I love Kelle Hampton's blog! Read it religiously!

I'm not one to celebrate my birthday...or really anyone else's for that matter, but she makes me want to live it up!! And I think you should! Every year!

Perfect Power in Weakness said...

Happy early birthday!! And I love Dave Ramsey by the way! I've heard him speak before and went through the 13-week Financial Peace University course. Love him and love what his materials have done for our financial health!!

All in His Perfect Timing said...

Yay for another Dave Ramsey fan! (me too!) You will have so much fun listening to him. We went to one of his talks. It was great!
I think you have a great outlook on birthdays ... they should be celebrated long and often! :)

Joy Beyond the Cross said...

I love that quote!!!!! And I too like to celebrate birthdays of those closest to me, it is so fun! We are a people of life, so yes, we should celebrate LIFE!!!! I haven't heard Dave Ramsey in person, but I have skimmed his book "Total Money Makeover" and loved it! We try to employ a bunch of the principles he discusses. Have fun and happy early birthday!!!

Megan L. said...

Love the quote so much in fact that I shared it with my husband! :)
Glad you are doing better!

Thankful said...

Great quote - and happy two weeks before the anniversary of the start of your life! :0)

Nicole C said...

Haha! Love the quote! Especially love that you used it for your post title! :) Great post, and happy early birthday!