background

Friday, September 9, 2011

Happy Friday

I'm so creative when it comes to my titles...aren't I?! ;)

I love the feedback about my friend's amazing story about her little miracle baby. It's so beautiful to see things like this happen in life because sometimes we get so caught up in going through the motions of life and thinking all "realistically" and "logically" or even too much with our hearts, that we forget that God is a powerful God and he's capable of miracles. We just need to believe.

Anyways, for this "Happy Friday" post I wanted to dump off the pictures from my phone (I got the idea of the phone dump from Kelle Hampton @ Enjoying the Small things)of the crafts that I have done this past week, and a little of last week also!

So here's some of the crafts I've been working on. Remember, crafting for me is sort of like a drug-but a good one, not a bad one that causes bad things to happen but the good kind that makes you feel good...oh good grief, never mind ;)-it's something I REALLY enjoy doing and it's my one escape from the IF roller coaster!

Here's a few of things:
First off, a couple weekends ago I was heading to a baby shower for a friend and even though I was a little nervous about going, I decided I would make part of her gift and really, that helped me so much because it got my mind off of why I was nervous!

I had an old picture frame that I covered with scrap book paper and modpodge. I had already bought the little accessories a few days earlier (not shown in the picture are the stinkin' cute sunglasses). All in all she loved it!

Next I wanted to make an ornament for a friend who got engaged last month:

Looking back I should have probably used my stamps to stamp out the "our engagement" because that would have looked a bit better, but it's all good...I just wanted to send her a little something and this worked.

Last night, I finally got around to making my own sign:

All in all I really like how it turned out. I just used a cheap-o canvas and painted it, mod podged some scrap book paper on that front (I LOVE scrap book paper!) and then stamped out the quote.
For the "Joy" part I couldn't find scrap book paper that I had on hand, so I dug out an old paint paper sample thing:

:) The "joy" needed to be yellow in my opinion!

And lastly, this little craft was fun and easy and cheap way to make bright canvas shoes. I am showing the steps because I told Grace in my Heart I would show her! :)
First I started with some cheap-0 white canvas shoes I found at the thrift store. I don't worry, they will be washed and even rinsed in the boiling water with the dye:


Next I boiled water, once it started boiling I turned it down and placed the fun color, "sunshine," that I picked out for my new shoes:

But then I freaked out because when I poured the dye in it turned ORANGE...and I did not want orange shoes:

But the second I put the shoes in I saw they were definitely "sunshine" color and not orange. Phew,

I waited for about 45 minutes to soak and then I rinsed them under the faucet with cold water, then washed them in the washing machine with cold water and let air dry. Here's the finished product:

I do love them-they're quite comfortable and so cute! I've gotten quite a few compliments on them and when I say that I go just re-dyed some old shoes, people were impressed, although it's not too hard! ;)

Ok, so that's probably enough crafts to share for one day! :) Hope y'all have a wonderful weekend! I'm heading the the Rangers game on Sunday and it's not going to be over 100...good times! :)

"What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday?"

5 comments:

Grace in my Heart said...

LOVE the shoes! Great job...I need to try it!

Sarah said...

So fun!!! Homemade things always seem more special both as gifts and for our own use, don't they?

Perfect Power in Weakness said...

Great crafts! Love the quote at the bottom of your post too!

All in His Perfect Timing said...

Great job on the shoes! They look amazing! I would be really scared to try it myself, but you make it look so easy. :) Have a great weekend!

JellyBelly said...

I wish that you lived closer so you could teach me to be crafty! Love the shoes!!!!