background

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Yeah, I bought this...



Here was my thinking in the store:
"I so cannot buy this pink mace...I'm not a 13 year old girl...but pink just makes me happy and if it's going to make me happy when I start my running up again, the why not? I can't buy this, I need to be practical and just buy the army green kind like an adult would do...but then again, it is the same price...well, actually holding it in my hand the pink will actually blend in more, so really, it's the logical choice."

When I got home my husband just laughed at me and said, "you would." ;)

I bought it because I've been wanting to start running again and thankfully the weather is slowly getting cooler. I say this, although it does call for a 98 as the high on Friday...but whatever.

My dh and I attempted P90.X for a couple weeks but unfortunately got burnt out on that and although I was biking, the heat was just too much.

So in comes the running. I want to start back again because 1)It'll make me healthier 2)I'll lose some of the fluff around my midsection 3) I know losing weight will help increase fertility-at least that's what the doctors say and 4)It just makes me feel better.

I would have started running last week but for some crazy reason, I've been thinking of all that bad (people or crazy dogs) that could get me...even though I would never run at night. It's weird, the older I get the more I am paranoid (sorta kinda) and it's not that much fun.

Part of it could be the since my husband is a police officer is the not so great part of town, I hear some crazy stories.

Yeah, that probably plays into my dramatic crazy thoughts...

Anyways, the cooler weather is calling for me to get off my tush and run so I bought the mace to help me relax a bit.

Speaking of cooler weather, it's still in the 90+ here, but I am so ready for Fall. In fact I still have an awesome scent fall candle burning and today I had my husband pull down the fall decorations from the attic. Tomorrow, with cooler weather or not, I'm transforming our home into a Fall oasis! ;)

Anyways, I can't believe that I've devoted an entire post to weather, mace and running...boring. Moving on...

"Let us run with perseverance the race that is set before us." (Hebrews 12:1)

11 comments:

Danya @ He Adopted Me First said...

You are a very SMART girl! I need some of that too. I walk with a neighbor in the dark of the morning and we are ALWAYS on the lookout for shenanigans. Happy running!

JellyBelly said...

I love that you bought pink mace!

It's been so warm and humid here, I'm ready for the real fall weather too!

Made For Another World said...

Good for you for listening to your instincts. I'm the same way with where I run. We have several trails around here and I'll only go if I'm with someone. Have fun sporting your new accessory!

imusthaveprayedforpatience said...

That's awesome. Where do you find pink mace? I know what you mean about being paranoid. I've been that way my whole life! But, it's better to be on guard than be an oblivious idiot. :) I'm ready for fall too! October 1, I'm pulling out the fall duvet cover, hanging the velvet curtains, and pulling out all the fall decorations. Got my pumpkin spice candle already, though! :)

Rebecca said...

The Man keeps trying to convince me that I need to get some mace or something. I keep telling him I'll just run away from anyone who tries to 'get me'. He reminds me that I'm slow. REEEEEAAAAAALLLLLLY slow.

I still don't buy the mace. I like my illusion that I'm 'safe' - and I always run in well lit, fairly busy areas if it is dark.


But, good for you for trusting your instincts!

All in His Perfect Timing said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one super-paranoid. It never hurts to be prepared!
(Love the pink! - I didn't know it came in colored dispensers.)

Catholic Mutt said...

Yes! I love that you bought the pink! I know what you mean, I get more and more paranoid the older I get, too. It makes it harder to get out and workout, leading to a trip to the treadmill this morning. Boo!

Lauren @ Magnify the Lord with Me said...

If nothing else you should carry it for crazy dogs!!!!!!!!!

Megan L. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Megan L. said...

Very true. However, I've seen about ten times as many crazy people as I have crazy dogs.

(I'm a HUGE dog lover!) <3

Anonymous said...

haha, i love that its called "the runner". when we moved into our not the greatest neighborhood i TOTALLY saw the pink ones....but opted for black. guess i'm boring :(