background

Monday, April 2, 2012

How I handled things...

The party was fun.

Of course spending time with my family was wonderful and especially seeing that sweet nephew of ours didn't hurt.

The baby talk wasn't bad at all.

Yes, there were lots of little ones and lots of "oh mine does that too" and some "how old is yours?"

But all in all I was [emotionally] able to handle it.

Even the new baby to be talk was at a minimum, surprisingly.

Thank the Lord.

For some reason my emotions aren't bad at all but I've been cramping a little worst than normal. I guess, if I had to choose, I would choose the cramping over the overly emotional mess I normally am.

Sure, the part where all the cute moms were on the floor with their babies, talking about mommy hood and me sitting back, smiling and laughing and attempting to be included in the conversation, wasn't the most fun of all.

But I did it.

And I smiled.

And I counted my blessings and offered up any uncomfortable moment for all those that are struggling.

"Life isn't about surviving the storm but learning to dance in the rain."

13 comments:

Hebrews 11:1 said...

:) I'm glad it went okay...I remember how difficult those things can be. You are one tough lady!!

PS I finally saw the Hunger Games! It was awesome!!!!!!

Made For Another World said...

Those prayers you offered up are storming heaven. Good for you for smiling. The devil hates smiles. Praying for you.

JellyBelly said...

So glad that it went okay. You are made of strong stuff!!!

Continued prayers for you!!

Ania said...

Glad it went well. Ditto to taking the cramping over crazy emotions.

Ania said...

Glad it went well. Ditto to taking the cramping over crazy emotions.

January said...

You are so brave! Good for you!

Patiently Waiting...... said...

Strong work. These events are not easy at all.....

Faith makes things possible said...

So glad you saw it and liked it!!! I can't wait to see it again!!!

Faith makes things possible said...

Thanks ladies! I know the prayers definitely helped!!

Sew said...

You are awesome, even though you like the Hunger Games.... ;)

Grace in my Heart said...

You are so strong.

Faith makes things possible said...

I will so send you the books...because they are awesome!!!! Im serious!! Heck, you're up at all hours of the day/night so maybe you should start reading them! ;)

All in His Perfect Timing said...

You. Are. Amazing!
Enduring those comments and that situation is so hard.
I finally saw my 2 mo old nephew this last weekend. I wasn't as brave as you to do it sooner.