background

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Who we've told

Hearing about this potential adoption is obviously very big news for us and I wanted to shout it out loud, asking for prayers, but instead I knew that wouldn't be the smartest move...

So, we've told my Gm, two brothers and SILs and of course his parents know because my MIL is the one who told us!

Oh yeah, and I told the world wide web.

But other than that, that's about it.

We definitely appreciate and need all the prayers we can get, but since it's still so new and there's still so much we don't know, well...I like the idea that if it doesn't work out then there's no back peddling around to tell people it didn't work out.

That would be emotionally draining!

And yes, my emotions are already invested.

There is no way I cannot not be emotionally invested.

I mean, I get emotional about the little things and well, this is sorta big...

Big in that your life is forever changed and the dream and desire and yearning you've been searching and praying for for all these years could potentially happen in a few short months.

So yes, maybe it's dumb for me to get so emotionally invested and yes, I may just get my heart broken again, BUT I'm a woman of faith and a firm believer that "God doesn't give more than we can handle."

I will say though, this time around (what the heck, how can I say this time around again in only a few short months) I'm not abusing my google search engine!!

Last time I searched anything and everything about adoption.

This time I haven't done it once.

I think that may be the one thing I'm doing to "protect" my heart, in a sense.

Oh geez, I don't even know where I'm going with all this...it's obviously on my mind.

All day.
And night.
All.the.time.

I'm praying for calmed nerves and a complete submission of this to our Lord.



(photo courtesy of pinterest)

11 comments:

Irene Roe said...

Oh...I sure am praying for you!

A Martha trying to be Mary said...

I am so so very excited for you. Monday i will go and vist our Lady of Guadalupe at her Basilica. I will put this intention right at Her feet.

Whenever I feel uneasy, anxious, etc I just need to remember her words to Juan Diego:

” Am I not here, I, who am your Mother? Are you not under my
shadow and protection? Am I not the source of your joy? Are you not in the
hollow of my mantle, in the crossing of my arms? Do you need anything more? Let
nothing else worry you, disturb you

Hebrews 11:1 said...

Praying for ya!!

JellyBelly said...

Continued prayers!

Amy @ This Cross I Embrace said...

I'm just catching up here, so sorry!!

OMGosh how exciting and nervewracking at the same time! But it sounds like you have a peace about this situation which will help you through, no matter what. I'll keep praying this works out for everyone involved!!

Little JoAnn said...

I will pray for you to keep up trusting and being emotionally invested in the best way that keeps you serene and joyful and also excited...

This.is.hard.stuff.

Very hard.

I like your line about being a woman of faith here...

For me, sometimes it's like a switch that I have to force myself to switch on.

Please keep us posted.

Praying for you today in a special way.

Catholic Mutt said...

I was thinking of you and praying for you during Divine Mercy adoration. His will be done, and I hope it means a baby in your lives soon!

All in His Perfect Timing said...

You've been in my prayers and will continue to be!
I'll add your adoption to my St Gianna novena intentions.

Faith makes things possible said...

Thank you for the sweet prayer!!

Faith makes things possible said...

That's so sweet!! Thank you!!

Faith makes things possible said...

Thanks again, everyone!! Y'all are the best!!