background

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Potential adoption.

We've been here before.

That moment ended in heart ache.

I still think about that precious baby and know that they are in heaven, living joyfully and without pain or suffering.

But it doesn't mean that my heart doesn't ache thinking about how our lives could have been forever changed had she chosen to adopt out the precious one she was carrying.

Although, it wasn't that long ago that this all occurred, it seems like moons and moons ago, and yet, here we are again, only a few short months later...

My MIL called me this morning and said that she wanted us to start asking St. Anthony (she recently gave us a statue and said she wanted us to start asking him for prayers) to intercede for us about a potential adoption.

My heart started racing and goosebumps ran up and down my body.

I was shaking as I heard her describe the situation:
-The young girl, S, has just turned 14 and also just informed her mother and step grandmother (the one who contacted my MIL) that she is 5 months along.
-She is not abortion minded at all-but please pray that she continues to think like this.
-Every family member is encouraging adoption, where as her friends are telling her it would be fun to be a mom (oh, you shows that glamorize teen pregnancy!!).
-The boyfriend is young also, and sometimes in the picture, sometimes not.
-They will all meet with my MIL soon to discuss options.

I'm seriously at a loss for words. I'm obviously very excited and hopeful and grateful that God has lead this family to our family.

I am most thankful that she is not abortion minded.

I have no idea how this will turn out, but I trust that God's hands are at are work in all the details and I know that however it turns out, I trust Him.

...

A moment.

That's all it takes for someone's life to be forever changed.

That phone call this morning has the potential to forever change our lives.

I trust you Lord.

Please pray for my husband and I as we pray for S, her baby and family.

May God's will be done.


(Picture courtesy of Pinterest)

26 comments:

JellyBelly said...

How exciting!!! Praying!!!!

Julie said...

WOW! praying for God's Will in your life!

airing the chapel said...

I'll be praying for this situation and obviously hope it turns out to a great blessing for all involved to have you and your husband be the loving parents to this baby! :)

Isaiah 55:8-9 said...

Wow! Praying!!! :)

Catholic Mutt said...

Praying!!!

Patiently Waiting...... said...

Stay hopeful and trusting! I will pray for you!

one joyful day said...

I will say it again here...
We are PRAYING for God's will and the best possible outcome for this new little soul! I am full of hope for y'all!

January said...

Praying for your strength! And for the strength of the girl to stay on the path to life!

Grace in my Heart said...

Praying this is it! ...and if not, your mil sounds pretty awesome always keeping her ears out for you guys! Prayers!

Thankful said...

Praying!

Sew said...

Gasp, praying!

Karey said...

So exciting! This could be the start of YOUR baby coming into your life!

imusthaveprayedforpatience said...

I will be praying!

Jenny said...

Ahh! Praying!

Made For Another World said...

Holy cow- praying over here!

Hebrews 11:1 said...

So excited for you! Praying for you and for the young girl!

Lucky as Sunshine said...

Praying for you !

Kaitlin @ More Like Mary said...

I'm really hoping this is that moment for you!

Mary said...

praying!!!!!

Ania said...

Prayers indeed!

All in His Perfect Timing said...

Wow, oh wow!!! Praying, praying, praying!!!
There is nothing glamorous about being a mom after a few nights of no sleep, let me tell ya. As a late 30 year old, I know I'm set in my ways, but I cannot fathom having a child at 14. Wow. She will not regret letting you and your hubby raise him while she enjoys being a teenager.
It's easy to love someone else's child. Do not worry about that. I've only had Luke for 10 days now, and I love him so much. I'll be praying your prayers are answered soon!!!

Being Refined said...

Oh my goodness! Praying!!!!

Leila@LittleCatholicBubble said...

Praying!!!

Faith makes things possible said...

Thanks everyone!!!!!

Faith makes things possible said...

Luke is lucky to have you as his mama!! :)

Lena said...

My oh my. The expectant mother is a child herself.

I hope a child will come your way.