background

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

I did it.

My FB status today:


With much encouragement from my dh and all y'all-I did it!!

I actually went to write a status and was going to ask my dh whether he thought it sounded ok but then, I said a quick hail Mary and pressed submit.

Then my palms got sweaty.
And my hands started shaking.
And there was a lump in my throat.
And butterflies in my stomach.
And I felt like I had just taken at least 5 espresso shots.

It's absolutely unbelievable how difficult it was for me to simply post on my FB, but I wanted to bring awareness.

Even if that meant "outing" us.

It's sad that there are so many of us, terrified of sharing such a big part of our lives.

Yes, it is intimate and a very private, painful cross.

But, as most of us know...the talking and the "venting" (hello blogging!!!) is what has shown us that we are not alone.

Not going to lie, it still feels very weird to think about me posting, but I'm glad because I've gotten nothing but words of encouragement.

My big brother (just one example of many encouraging messages!!) even called me when he saw that and said, "I read that and couldn't help but think about how much courage you had to have to write that!" And, even though he has no clue the pain that's associated with IF (thankfully) it meant so much that he recognized the courage needed to speak out.

Phew...so, yes ladies, I did it.
And I lived to tell about it! ;)

“If we're growing, we're always going to be out of our comfort zone.” [John Maxwell]

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

22 comments:

Perfect Power in Weakness said...

I got goosebumps reading this...so, so cool! I greatly admire your courage. You did something I couldn't do. In fact, I couldn't talk about our IF journey until after we were out of the 1st trimester with a pregnancy, and now I talk about IF quite a bit, but I give you tons of credit for talking about it now in the midst of the journey. I wish I would have done that. Way to go!

January said...

Good for you! I am so proud of you. I haven't posted anything, and I'm not sure what I'll say if I do, but I'll definitely be taking inspiration from you.

polkadot said...

Wow! You are one brave woman!! :)

Ania said...

I posted this week too. I asked for prayers and received an overwhelming amount of support. Hope you find the same.

Catholic Mutt said...

Way to go! It does take a lot of courage. There are so many people that are hurting and are not able to share it with those in their lives. I think my brother and SIL may be among those. On behalf all those that still cannot share, thanks for putting this out there!

Blessed Wife said...

Way to go!!

Grace in my Heart said...

Way to go! :)

Grace in my Heart said...

Totally didn't see that WH wrote the same thing, haha... But P.S. I just read the comments on fb you've been getting...so nice! I'm glad you did it!

Kristina said...

Congratulations on your bravery! I'm trying to talk myself into it, but haven't quite got there yet. I'm glad you're getting such encouraging responses.

JellyBelly said...

You are so brave! How I admire your strength!

imusthaveprayedforpatience said...

Awesome! You go, girl! :)

Laura said...

WOOHOO! I felt exactly the same way when I hit submit too! It's a rush! Great job.

Lucky as Sunshine said...

Thanks for being brave for those of us who can't.

Hebrews 11:1 said...

:) You're one special lady...even if you ARE a Rangers fan. ;) <3 u!

Molly M. said...

I'm so glad you did this for yourself and for others. I know how hard it is. I outed us a long time ago. I actually saw a few things in the media about it the last few days, but what makes me sad is that none of them offer any advice outside of IVF. I only pray that someday soon, people will be more aware of the better options available to them.

Nicole C said...

Bless you! So glad you did it!

Anonymous said...

I admire your courage! Thanks for the inspiration.

Faith makes things possible said...

Thanks for being honest about this! I've actually told myself that, "I'll talk about more when our family grows" however God wills. But to hear you say you wish you would have done it sooner...well, it definitely helps me feel more confident in my decision.

Faith makes things possible said...

Well you did add a :) so it wasn't the same at all! ;)

Faith makes things possible said...

Hmm...how did those stinky yankees do during this series here in tx?! ;) I believe the Rangers pretty much dominates!

All in His Perfect Timing said...

AWESOME!!! I'm so proud of you!!!

Anonymous said...

So great! Thanks for speaking up and being brave. I am way too chicken to post on FB but worked up the courage to have honest conversations with both my mom and my MIL as we are approaching our 2 year anniversary of TTC. It was hard but relieving! Maybe one of these days I'll get brave and post on FB. :) Way to go girl! - Emily W