background

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Distractions

After my big FB post, and lots of great encouragement, I went to bed last night feeling good.

But then I woke up this morning with a small panic attack...remembering what I did.

Like all those not so great feelings, that I got right after I posted yesterday, came rushing back.

Regret was even creeping in my mind at that point.

But, then I said a prayer and brushed it off my mind, trying only to focus on the good that came from it because really, aside from potentially "outing us" there has only been positive.

However, I still needed distractions, so here's a few things that helped me along the way today/tonight:

-working out extra hard on our elliptical while being distracted by grey's anatomy (yes, I still watch that show!!).

-realizing that I would love to have some killer abs and am thinking about ordering this:



Just kidding!! Well...maybe. ;)

-Shopping at old navy! I hit the jack pot, with an extra 40% off redline clearance items. Here's the tags of some of my loot and one of the sweaters I got:






Oh how I love a good deal!!

-Do I really need to explain this picture?



-And lastly, we heard some really good news regarding a position my dh interviewed for...I'll update once it's more than unofficially official. Just know I am beyond proud of him!!

So, all in all my distractions worked and as this day is closing to an end, I am 100% confident in my FB post!

"Whether you think you can or think you can't - you are right." [Henry Ford]

14 comments:

Catholic Mutt said...

I've just been using Grey's Anatomy as a distraction recently, too, but believe it or not, it's only my first time watching it! Definitely go for the ab enhancer; it seems sure-fire to work wonders. :)

Ania said...

That AB thing is hilarious. I need to invent something stupid like that, sell it and then i'll have enough dough for adoption, LoL!

You go fashionista! I scored some cute stuff at Target yesterday with my sister. I LOVE bargains too. Sweater's cute!

JellyBelly said...

My kind of distractions! You got a great haul at Old Navy!

January said...

Oh my gosh, you need to take me shopping with you! For clothes, not ab-hancers. Lol.

Unknown said...

I posted on facebook yesterday as well and the thing that I was so shocked about was i had a few people send me messages some people that I haven't talked to in forever. So I thank you for having the courage to post because it gave me the courage to post as well!

imusthaveprayedforpatience said...

Those are some good old navy deals! Lately, I get so frustrated in there. It seems like the prices are Gap-like, and old navy is supposed to be like the wal mart of Gap. Glad to see someone's getting a deal there!

Mike C said...

I for real LOL'd at the Ab Hancer. Classic! And cute sweater!

Nicole C said...

Dangit, that last comment was me, signed in as my husband. Grr.

Grace in my Heart said...

You go girl! And I need that ab stamp...hahaha!

Faith makes things possible said...

I'm so glad you had the courage also! And am so grateful that you also, had a positive reaction to your post!

Faith makes things possible said...

Oh, I certainly agree! I can't go into Old Navy all but man oh man, when I Stumble in during an awesome deal! So worth it! ;)

Faith makes things possible said...

Lol-but I was so excited to have my first male comment ever!!! ;)

All in His Perfect Timing said...

Love the Ab-hancer. That's my kind of workout! :-)
I'm thrilled you got some amazing deals at Old Navy! And I love your glass of wine! It makes a day better, doesn't it?

St. Rita's Roses said...

Love the distractions.....esp the last one ;) Also, congrats on the FB post. very awesome!