background

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

A month of gratitude: day 28

I finally got around to decorating the tree and putting out more Christmas decorations today...and our home is feeling especially cozy now!

As I was going through the ornaments, I found one I bought last year.


Hope. I remember last year, as I have done for all the years before, I was clinging to hope...hope that maybe this next year would be our year.

Little did I know only 4 months in to the new year that hope would turn into celebration!

Hope.

Cling to it.
You never know what tomorrow will bring.

And then, as I was going through the other decorations, I found a message I had written on one of the candle boxes, before packing it away.



What a beautiful reminder my past self was leaving for my current self.

Cherishing every moment.

So, tonight I'm thankful for little reminders that were packed away from last Christmas.

Reminders to hope.
Reminders to slow down and cherish every moment.

5 comments:

Grace in my Heart said...

Have been loving your posts! Love this one, especially. :)

Rebecca said...

I agree with GIMH, absolutely love this post!

Ania said...

Love the hope ornament!

I'm such a creature of habit, we never put our tree up before December and we leave it up until the Epiphany. You're making me want to put it up early though :)

Catholic Mutt said...

I love this post and these reminders of hope, and now hope fulfilled!

Angela said...

Yay! Love! It's so great when God sends us these little reminders and shows us how He is faithful!