background

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

A month of gratitude: day 7

For the past 3 or so weeks I have had this strong, sharp pain below my right breast. At times it feels like my skin is tearing. It started out only happening here and there (like walking for a long time or holding something heavy for awhile).

But this week, it has been more constant and brought me to tears.

It finally got to the point where my dh decided Monday night that we were going to the ER.

Thankfully our little one looks great and they ruled our any major problems like my liver of gallbladder.

And even though I didn't want to be at the hospital, a couple positives were that the nursing staff was amazing and the rooms were nice-both important because that's where we'll be delivering-and the biggest perk...the two hours we were there I was hooked up to a monitor and we got to listen to baby girl and hear her kicks and wiggles.

There's a few things it could be, but all I know is that she's healthy and I'm healthy and I'm finding ways to deal with the pain.

On top of all this, because of the pain (and following the election and being back to having to pee every couple hours!) I haven't gotten much sleep and my throat has been itchy.

I thought the itchy throat was because of the lack of sleep but today I woke with drainage and a sore throat...so I've been most likely fighting a head cold.

Thankfully, I have nothing to do this week until Friday and then my (ahhhhh!!!) shower Saturday, so I've been taking it easy.

Which leads to what I'm thankful for today....

My dh and his taking care of things while I rest!

He dusted and vacuumed today.
And he did the laundry.

All before he left for work at 5.

I'm so thankful that he jumps in a helps when I cannot-especially because he knows how much it stresses me out not to get my things done.

Thank God for my husband who isn't afraid to fold some laundry and help out around the house...

I'm so blessed.

2 comments:

imusthaveprayedforpatience said...

Sounds like an awesome husband!

Unknown said...

Glad everything is ok! Mine has really stepped up and cooked supper for me the other night after getting home from work.