background

Sunday, November 4, 2012

A month of gratitude: day 4

Today, I am thankful for something I'm sure I take for granted more times than not...


...a hot, steamy, shower.

Today was a long day that began at 4 am. We had to be up and out to head east for an extremely early Mass, to celebrate an extremely early baptism of a beautiful baby girl.

The early morning mixed with all the time in the car mixed with an ever changing body had me aching tonight.

Thankfully, I was able to take a hot, steamy shower.

The heat and the steam seemed to melt away the aches and pains from the day.

The hot water soaked in instantly relaxing muscles that were sore and tight.

I closed my eyes and breathed in the hot steam, thanking God for something so simple as our shower.

While I was soaking up all the goodness of the shower I couldn't help but think that there are so many who are without power and heat.

So tonight, I thank God for the simple things in life that are fortunately there for me when I need them...like that hot, steamy shower.


1 comments:

More Than Anything said...

Nothing beats a hot shower!! Soo nice!