background

Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day

Being that my husband was in the Marines and fought in Iraq twice, 2 brothers fought in Iraq and another in the Army, I know what it's like to sit and wait for them to come home. Thankfully all those that I love came home.

This is not the case for everyone.

Let's take this time today to remember all those that have fought for our country. They will not be forgotten.

So on this day, I ask that we remember. That we try and offer up something that has been difficult for us (IF, lose, etc...) for those family's who have lost a serviceman. God bless those lost and their families.

"I thank God for my life
For the stars and stripes
May freedom forever fly, let it ring.
Salute the ones who died
And the ones that gave their lives
So we don’t have to sacrifice
All the things we love..."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Memorial Day, and a big thanks to your hubby for serving our country! :)

Hebrews 11:1 said...

Yes...thanks to him for being a hero! God bless all our veterans, past present and future!