background

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Quick Update

This week has been crazy busy since Tuesday. Here's the lowdown:

Tuesday: leave by 6 am to head to San Antonio for doctor's visit. Stop off in Austin to visit family on the way back. Crawl into bed around 1 am...

Wednesday: my day to catch up at home: laundry, cleaning, etc...

Thursday: an older, distant family member passes away and my brother, SIL and I drive with my GM to the rosary...4.5 hours south! We then leave and drive an hour and campout in a fancy shmancy hotel where the rooms vibrate! Well, the train would drive by and the rooms moved...quite fancy, like I said!

Friday: wake up at 5 am to head to my SIL's graduation...then head home after the lunch. Get home right before my husband leaves for work (he's a police officer and works nights). CRASH hard around 10 and just wake up about 45 minutes ago...it feels good to be home!

But now today I'm about to head out to run some errands because tomorrow my SIL, gf and I are heading back down south 3 hours to my soon to be SIL's bridal shower.

LOTS of driving this week!! I want to update about my appointment, which I will, but I really need to go and i have a lot I want to say. So for now I will leave saying this bit of exciting news (well, exciting for a PCOSer):

On Thursday I woke up to spotting...on my own...no prometrium needed to jumpstart my now period! It's quite exciting. You see, when I was 18 I had a about 5 periods or so, due to my PCOS (but I didn't know that at the time) and like most doctors, he puts me on the pill. I'm on it til right before I get married, you know...because I was not wanting to not get pregnant because of this pill it was only for regulating me, I was 23. Then after that I had about 4 or 5 months of no periods and then went to my doctor who prescribed the prometrium to jump start my period and have been doing that pretty much since then, I'm 26 now!

So, I pretty much haven't seen a period on my own since I was 16 or 17...almost 10 freaking years and so have one start on it's own without medicine was pretty exciting. It sounds odd but I'm happily embracing this period. Who knows what next month will be, I have my prometrium on hand just incase, but for now I am thankful that my body was somewhat normal this month. Thank you God.

Ok, I really have to go...I've taken too much time and will be late to my friend's graduation party and then what would I say? "Sorry, I was blogging to strangers about my period!"

I think not...

"Were there no God, we would be in this world with grateful hearts and no one to thank."

3 comments:

Kaitlin @ More Like Mary said...

I love that you describe yourself as "madly" in love with your husband! I am too-isn't it awesome! :)

Jenny said...

It's very awesome Kaitlin! It's the best feeling!

Way to spot ON YOUR OWN!! Very exciting! And I think telling people you were late b/c you were blogging to strangers about your spotting would be priceless!!! Well, to bloggers anyway! Ha!

Hebrews 11:1 said...

Hooray, periods!! :-) Sounds like you have had a hectic week! Can't wait to hear how your appointment went.