background

Thursday, July 22, 2010

I don't believe in coincidences

I really don't. I feel that everything that happens is because of God. Because of His timing and His reasoning.

With this being said, I woke up this morning and was on FBook...I saw that I had a message and went to read it. This is what it said:

Probably way too personal: But I was wondering... are you trying to conceive? Your statuses have made me wonder and I've sort of been expecting you to announce your pregnant at any time since your wedding! :)

I'm only asking because I'd like to specifically pray for you if you are. Children are such a blessing, not only to the individual parents, but to the couple and their marriage.

I hope this message doesn't offend you! Just don't respond if you don't want to. I know how personal trying to conceive is.

Hope you are well!


I was shocked. I have never once posted about our struggles with TTC on FB. Yes, I have the occasional "I trust in God's plans" and "His Will be done" sort of status from time to time but never once have I mentioned it. This is a girl who I went to HS with but wasn't very close to. She is a very sweet Christian girl who has been married about a year less than we have. She and her husband got pregnant just a few short months after they got married. She has a blog and I follow it (privately of course, so as to not "out" myself). It was about her pregnancy and now chronicles her day to day fun of being a stay at home mom to a beautiful little boy. Anyways, when I opened and read the letter I was literally brought to tears. This message has come days before the surgery and she offered to pray for us, which we all know the power of prayer. I wrote her back and gave her the background (short version) of our TTC history and told her that I would greatly appreciate her prayers.

It's just crazy. I woke up this morning, after not sleeping well again, and was trying to offer up any anxieties about all this and then I find this message. Short and sweet. God is good like that. He knew I was feeling anxious and He knew I needed someone to say, "Hey, I'm praying for you!"

Speaking of prayers...thanks to everyone for their prayers for this upcoming surgery! They definitely help and they definitely bring a smile to my face knowing I have some pretty amazing women offering up prayers for me.

I believe in prayer. It's the best way we have to draw strength from heaven. (Josephine Baker)

6 comments:

JellyBelly said...

I don't believe in coincidences either! How sweet that she reached out to you! It's unfortunate that so many of our (or at least my) fertile friends are silenced by our IF. I'd love to receive a message like that!

Amy@LittlePinkDollhouse said...

That is really awesome <3

Grace in my Heart said...

AMAZING! Totally meant to be! :)

Leila@LittleCatholicBubble said...

How beautiful!!

mrsblondies said...

What a sweet friend.

P.S. Can you email me at mrsblondies at gmail dot com?

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is amazing! The Lord works in mysterious ways! :)