1) I'm about 60% done with all the packing. Feels good but I still feel SO far from done. Damn those closets where I have simply thrown things in to get out of the way...
2) I was having a bit of an "issue" with a cousin of mine today. She's 21. She told me 4 months ago that she felt old and that she wished she was already married with children, etc.. Now she is engaged. I tried calling her to talk about this but wasn't able to get a hold of her so I sent a message via FB just to check and see more about what was going on, follow up on our crazy conversation from a few months ago and see if she was truly ready to be married (etc..etc..). Yeah...that went well. And by well I mean the sh*t hit the fan. It's just so darn hard to get a message across, emotions and all, in a message without the possibility of it coming across as judgmental. After I received her "not quite the response I was expecting because I was being nice and non judgmental" I was shocked. Thankfully, this time instead of messaging back I sent her a text and said to call me when she got off work and she did and we talked and things are fine now. Apparently, the part of the message where I wrote "I don't think you are being crazy, stupid or irrational..." she read as "I think you ARE being crazy, stupid or irrational..." thus making sense of her response. Although I still may have reservations because of our conversation in February, I realized that all I could do was express my concern, hear her side and pray for her.
3) #2 kept my mind off moving and surgery all day because I got the message from her this morning and we weren't able to speak until tonight. Maybe it was good to worry about something else for a change. Just kidding, I'd really rather not worry about anything but that's kinda not me. I really am trying to work on not worrying so much, though, because no good comes from it.
4) Speaking of surgery, I can't believe that it's in a few short days. The hopefulness is still there and I like that. I HOPE the hopefulness stays around...
5) Have I mentioned how much I hate packing?! Well...I do!
6) I was really excited today to read that I had won an award over at Little Catholic Bubble even though my answer wasn't all right! Maybe next time! :)
7) Last but not least...I'm missing my husband. Since he works nights I'm trying my best to do the packing so that he doesn't have to worry about it. Although I know how much he loves working nights, in his certain area, with his guys...I don't so much like it. There are times that I wished that we could be a "normal" couple where he goes to work 9-5 and we spend the evenings and weekends together. Even though I think about this, I would never want him to change because it's what he loves and it makes him happy. Happy husband=happy wife=happy life!
Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy. (Leo Buscaglia)
1 day ago