background

Friday, July 9, 2010

Quick takes

1) If it seems like I'm not as "active" in the blogging world it's not because I choose too, it's because our hard drive crashed!!!! It's a bit harder to read/comment/post on my phone but I'm trying! Who knows when we'll get the computer taken care of! Let's just say it's not at the top of our list since we've started looking for a house!

2) I saw Eclipse tonight with some of my family and I loved it!! Yes, it's true...I'm really a 16 year old who loves Twilight! ;)

3) I'm heading to West Texas tomorrow for our family reunion! It'll be fun I'm sure but I am a bit bummed that my DH can't come because he works. We've been together going on 8 years and married over 3 and he's never been able to make it because of deployments/training/work etc... Maybe next time (we have them every two years)...

4) We saw a home we really liked the other day! It was crazy, looking at homes with my husband...we've lived in apartments our three years of marriage and so this is definitely new! We are going back out Monday to see it again and some other ones our realtor found. So far it's been quite fun, let's hope it stays that way!!

5) It rained cats and dogs today. I was out running errands and when I got home all I had to do was go from the carport to the stairs (a hop, skip and jump away) and I was DRENCHED!!

6) I, like many others, am excited to be participating in the prayer buddies.

7) No word from my doctor about the lab work and so surgery hasn't been scheduled. I've been so busy this week helping my Gm and family get ready for the reunion that I haven't thought about it much or I guess I should say I haven't worried about it as much! I'm sure I'll hear next week and if not I'll call them myself! Check me out taking initiative!! ;)

Ps...my brother's wedding was beautiful and so much fun! We all stayed in a cute hotel downtown and enjoyed every moment of it! Yesterday my cousins and I went to their apartment and dropped of their gifts and made some "welcome home to the new mr.&mrs" signs and bought them some goodies to enjoy! Just something fun for them to come home to from their honeymoon tomorrow.

And now...since I have to be up in 4 hours to get ready to leave for the reunion, I think I'll call it a night!

5 comments:

Hebrews 11:1 said...

Great post! Sorry about your computer though. Glad your brother's wedding was good!

Oh and I love Twilight too!!!!! :-)

Angela said...

I don't think I realized you're from TX! My husband grew up in Austin, and all of my relatives live in either Temple or Houston! Love TX!
We are Longhorns fans!

mrsblondies said...

Glad to hear that the wedding went well. Sorry about your computer. I hope it's fixed soon.

Faith makes things possible said...

Angela- ...I'm an Aggie so I'm sorry to hear about the whole Lonhorn's fan thing! ;)

Computer is still broken...grrr!!

Anonymous said...

Oh no, am so sorry for such a taff experience you went thru. On the other hand congs to your brother.

There tons of online backup, click what you like that suits your need. I personally, opted for www.safecopybackup.com. It's done wonders for me, am happy for that. They have 5GB free trial if you like. Hope this works for you.