background

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Blood work done...

I did it. I completed the bloodwork that was necessary to do before I can schedule the surgery! Go me! (In my head here I am hearing a roaring of applause!) ;)

I was suppose to do it last Friday before leaving to CS for the wedding (which was BEAUTIFUL and I will explain more about that later) but somehow "ran out of time" and didn't do it. Then I promised myself that Monday (yesterday), I would definitely do it. But of course I failed to realize that it was a holiday so the lab was closed.

Not going to lie...I didn't mind. I know that I should have, because this lab work was the last thing keeping me from setting the date of the infamous surgery. However, I realized after the weekend and putting it off, that I was terrified.

Scared because THIS LAB WORK WAS THE LAST THING KEEPING ME FROM SETTING THE DATE OF THE INFAMOUS SURGERY. Makes it more real I suppose. I know noone in real life (ha,ha...sounds like I have "imaginary" friends) that has had this surgery or has struggled with IF and well for some reason scheduling this dang surgery has been more difficult than I ever thought possible.

But, last night I set an appointment online to go in this morning bright and early to do the blood work.

So...here I am:

Arm a little sore.

Heart rather anxious.

Waiting for the phone call from my doctor to say "Let's do this."

And I can do this. I know that God has led me here (I say this a lot and I feel it but I think it makes me feel better to reaffirm it, so I type it out) and I know that we are in good hands with my doctor. Fear of the unknown and fear of what may or may not happen has consumed me more than I would like to admit, but nonetheless, I am here and I am trusting.

I seriously NEVER thought I would be this anxious about simply SCHEDULING the surgery but I guess I never let myself think about it that much.

Well, that's all I have to say for now. I am in the middle of preparing dinner but realized that I needed to get this off my chest and so I did....

And I feel good.


There are always uncertainties ahead, but there is always one certainty--God's will is good. (Vernon Paterson)

8 comments:

mrsblondies said...

Good for you on finally getting your bloodwork done. You'll be glad once the surgery is done.

I hope you had a great time at the wedding.

Angela said...

Good for you!! I wish I was as far along as you are...we are just in the very beginning stages of using NaPro; in fact doing the DH's SA tomorrow morning! So I feel like I've got a long way to go before we even get to start discussing surgery. I'm sure it must feel scary though, I'm sending an extra prayer your way!

Hebrews 11:1 said...

Great!! I will pray for God to calm your anxious heart. :-) It will be so good to have that behind you!!

Kaitlin @ More Like Mary said...

You're hearing the applause that I'm giving you from Mississippi! The surgery will great. And we'll all be praying for you :)

Anonymous said...

Good for you! I pray that this surgury goes well for you, and that your anxiousness will go away! :)

Leila@LittleCatholicBubble said...

Oh, I am so happy for you! This is a big and productive step!! God bless!!!

Faith makes things possible said...

Thanks ladies for the encouraging words! Y'all are great and I appreciate the prayers more than I mention.

JellyBelly said...

Great news! So glad that you finally got your blood work done!!