background

Thursday, September 30, 2010

I guess this means we're adults now!

Well, my birthday week is pretty much rockin', as I let y'all know in my last post, BUT...it got a little better today:

WE ARE OFFICIALLY HOMEOWNERS NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's right! We went and closed this morning and the sellers are signing their papers as we speak. It's so crazy and doesn't feel like we really are the owners just yet...but we are! We pick up the keys later this afternoon and then my dh and I, along with my Gm, his parents and my brother and SIL, are going to see the OUR house and then to dinner to celebrate.

Another blessing and fun extra is that they sellers are leaving their really nice grill and nice dining room table. They are an older couple and they have already moved out and on and said that we could have it!

All these wonderful blessings fall on this last day of September. Why does this matter? Because I believe in God and I believe that coincidences do not happen. You see, this time last year, I got a call that would forever change my family's lives...my Gm called to say that my Gp had fallen trimming the trees. This day last year started the worst few weeks that our family has had to endure in a really long time. We watched our healthy, full of life, loved one slowly slip from this world.

I believe in my heart of hearts that my Gp is up there and praying for us, a direct contact to God! The way ALL this happened today of all days, made what was such a horrible memory into a happy one...we closed on our first home without a glitch and we know that Gp is up there smiling down on us.

Another post I'll write more about that amazing man who raised me, but for now I am off to offer up my heartfelt thanks for all the blessings that have occurred today. Like the title says, I guess now that we are officially homeowners, maybe we'll start feeling more like adults! ;)

Then again, maybe not...

I'm ok with that though!

"Perhaps they are not stars, but rather openings in heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy."

7 comments:

Julie said...

Congrats!!

Megan said...

Congratulations!!! Isn't it wonderful to be Catholic and know that your grandpa is up there praying for you! :)
I look forward to reading your post about him!

Grace in my Heart said...

YAY- CONGRATS! Please post pics of your new place once you're settled.

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Congrats :)

Mary said...

CONGRATS!!! This is so great!!! :)

Leila@LittleCatholicBubble said...

Congratulations! And, I can't wait to hear more about your dear grandpa!

Lauren @ Magnify the Lord with Me said...

WHOOP!!!!!!

Congrats!!!