background

Monday, May 30, 2011

And I even smiled...

Yesterday I attended a couple's baby shower. It was for one of my husband's co-workers, a fellow police officer.

I joined in with the talks about babies, birthing and breasts(feedings) with the glowing mommy to be.

The same mommy to be that has said things like...
-YOU need to get pregnant with me so I can have a preggo friend.
-Gosh, we don't even have to try and get pregnant-it's just so easy for us.
-You know if you want to be pregnant already, all you need is to take prenatals and drink water.
-If you can handle a dog you can handle kids. It's a good test on whether or not you even should have kids!
(Yeah, I wonder what she thinks now-now that we do not have our crazy dog anymore.)

I wasn't going to go originally.

I didn't think I would be emotionally strong enough.

But, in the end, I went because my dh is good friends and co-workers with her husband.

Meaning...it was important to him=it was important to me.

So yes, me and my non preggo belly stood next to her very preggo belly and took pictures...



And you know what?

I even smiled.

Nobody trips over mountains. It is the small pebble that causes you to stumble. Pass all the pebbles in your path and you will find you have crossed the mountain.

6 comments:

A Martha trying to be Mary said...

wow! you are my hero. I most probably could not have done it and you even had a smile. You continue to be in my prayers

Jenny said...

I think I'm going to go out and get me some prenatals and water... we already have the dog. He he. You make me smile. :)

All in His Perfect Timing said...

Good for you! I know it was hard. I had a family get together this weekend. All my cousins were there with their 3+ kids ... Some of them are younger than me ... It was hard to get through.

God Alone Suffices said...

Wow, good for you! :) I'm not sure I would have gone!

JellyBelly said...

You are made of some strong stuff, girl!!!!

Grace in my Heart said...

Wow, you are strong!